Burnt Romance Shellac - any way to make it nicer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

depths

Reaction score
Sorry to anyone out there who likes this color, but... I think its horrid! I got it as part of the whole forbidden collection and its the only color I really don't like but don't want it to go to waste... Has anyone found ways to make it nicer? Additives? Nail art?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek mobile app

Can you post a pic of it? Thanks!

Not the best lighting but u get the idea. Its a browny orangey color...

Attachments

• 1379040341187.jpg
    1379040341187.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 1,929
I have this colour all the time! Love it

just me ;)

Glad I avoided that one

It is my favourite winter colour ... Don't discount it because your clients are going to love it. Just because it isn't to your taste, doesn't mean others won't like it .... I wouldn't change it.

Hot chilis over it is lovely its also nice with a few of the new addititves. Plum love and burning ember.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

well thats good that some peoples clients have had an interest in it, makes me not regret buying it so much :)
I would still like to see if anyone has come up with some new ideas for it with the new additives or the old ones though!

Hot chilis over it is lovely its also nice with a few of the new addititves. Plum love and burning ember.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

cool will have to try the hot chilis :) My forbidden additives are on their way to me right now so cant wait to have a play!

It is a lovely rich Autumn colour - here it is with Burning Embers additive and some hand painted flowers x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 3,053
I used it on a client the other night she loved it with just one coat but when it got to 2 coats she didn't like it very much, it was to brown (her words not mine) so we used burning embers over it which is gorgeous. It also looks lovely with a antique bronze fade. I'm going to try one coat over studio white to see what that comes out like.

Here's a pic with Burning Embers.

Attachments

• 1379054801881.jpg
    1379054801881.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,971
Havent seen the colour in the flesh but I reckon it would look nice with Gold VIP status over the top?

I have this in Vinylux and I don't like it at all.

I have it in shellac and vinylux and really wish I hadn't bothered! X

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

I too also had it in vinylux and hated it. So did my clients. So chose not to purchase it in shellac.

I had it on myself and removed it straight away. Think its a marmite colour, you either love it or hate it x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I love this color! Why do you guys thinks it's horrid? I think its an excellent color for the fall. It's funny how tastes can differ so much lol

I wore the Vinylux for a week and every single client loved it on me. They all hated it on my colour wheel. I'm going to wear it again next week as I'm fully booked :)

I think it's a very chic alternative to red for Autumn. I can see clients who like colours such as Rubble going for this one. Rather than discount is as soon as you've swatched it, why not try wearing it yourself? It may grow on you and clients often want a colour themselves after seeing it on someone else.

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Problem is im also a registered nurse and so am not allowed to wear any polish/shellac/enhancements at all at work, its too much trouble to wear shellac just on days off so color pops are it for me...

Problem is im also a registered nurse and so am not allowed to wear any polish/shellac/enhancements at all at work, its too much trouble to wear shellac just on days off so color pops are it for me...

You could wear it in vinylux. Much less application and removal time.

Latest posts

Back