Business Card or Leaflet Residential drop? Or neither!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gail_316

Reaction score
Hi All
This weekend I have been putting my business card up everywhere I can think of as I am launching as a mobile technician :green: and :eek:!
The thing is I now dont know whether I should do a residential drop of business cards or buy some leaflets instead? I have been looking on here and I notice that a few people have said that the leaflets are not always that great, business cards are quite a lot cheaper than leaflets so it would be less of a loss if I did not get any clients after I did the drop.
My business card does state the starting prices of manis, pedis and extensions so it is kinda like a price list but obviously does rely on the potential client then viewing the website for all treatments and prices.
I also have my web address on my car and have added my business to lots of free ad sites on the web (as advised by the very helpful people who are on salon geek :green:)
Any advice would be great as I have my business cards ready and dont know whether to go out in the cold this afternoon and distribute some of them!
Gail
x and :hug:

HI, My friend has had a salon for quite some time and I have just gone self employmed within her slaon and I asked her the same question and she has found she gets very little back from leaflets through doors and it is very time consuming... she has done a lot of charity events and local community fairs etc.. offering free service or small donation but then handing out cards at this and has recieved a lot more feedback, also once you have a few customers I find a loyalty scheme works well, so every customer that brigns a friend to their next appointment gets a discount... hope this helps

SJ

I really think it depends on the area you are in, I myslef have tryed a leaflet drop and didnt get one phone call but i know others have had great success. I think leaflets/brouchures would be better to deliver as business card are very small and wont be noticed.

Leaflet drops do work but you need to go round the same area 2 or 3 times.
You can get companies that will post for you which saves a lot of time.
It costs about £25 for them to deliver 1000 leaflets which is well worth paying :)

I have just phoned a place to do the distribution around my area, what a great idea!!! thanks, saves my time:)

I delivered about 400 leaflets in my area last week and i haven't had any new clients yet but still early days. I gave aload to my local shop, post office families centre and welfare offices around camp too and they are gonna add them to the wifes monthly newletter.

Gail, i made my own 3 fold leaflets on my comp and got hubby to print them off at work for me, saves me paper and ink! x

Latest posts

Back