Business has closed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyw

Reaction score
Hi I closed my salon on fri passed there but for vouchers I'm still coming into the place a rented to fulfil them.

Told one of my clients and she said she'd prefer the money back. Now, the business closed as it wasn't making any money so I can't give her it back.

I was going to say to her, that as I'm still available to carry out the vouchers there won't be any refund.

Does this sound ok? Is there anything else I could say to be firm and not have her moan on at me?

I think it depends on how many vouchers you have issued. I would give a timescale to clients and a short description as to the terms and conditions of the vouchers due to closure of buisness. I would also remind that you will honour the vouchers in said period of time, and sorry for the inconvience caused. Good luck xoxo

Sorry to hear you have closed your business.
I am not sure legally how you would stand on the vouchers, but you would think clients would bear with you if you are still able to carry out the treatments.

I always keep my voucher money seperate and only put it through my business when it is used, therefore technically I could refund should a situation arise.

How long are your vouchers valid for, how many are there, and do you know all the people who have them to make sure they know the changes you have made?

All vouchers have been notified that they can still be redeemed. They're for 6 months. This client was aware that I would be closing the salon weeks ago and told they would have to use them before I leave. But as I still have a few vouchers I decided to carry it on so they won't lose their money. The voucher is for £40 so would it be worth their while doing anything legally?

I just think she's being unfair when she knows the vouchers can still be used. She asked to book in, I said I was no longer at salon, she said what about the vouchers? I said they can still be redeemed at salon and then that's when she said she wants her money back. So she is just being fussy.

What can I say to her?

I would refund her if thats the case. You would still be able to close the books ok in terms of hmrc. I depends now if you have spent it....xoxo

Be honest and tell her the reason you had to close was because the busines wasnt making money, so you will honor the vouchers but your bussiness doesnt have the money to refund her.

If you gave her terms and conditions when she bought the vouchers and it stated no refunds then she cant argue.

If you can afford it, give her the money back and then it'll be an end to it.

X

I told her as I'm still available to honour the voucher there won't be a refund. I can't see why she won't be happy with this as I'm not taking any money off the voucher or cutting the expiry date.

I'm still sticking to the terms and conditions that was set to her when the voucher was bought. Any store boots etc wouldn't refund the voucher if they're still available to honour it right?

If you had explained to her when she bought the voucher I don't think it's fair that you have to give the money back. You have said that you will do her a treatment so I don't understand what her problem is?

I would definately honour the treatment and I would absolutely not refund the money.

Why would you refund the money?

Gift tokens are non-refundable!

And the OP is not refusing to do the treatments.

I would definately honour the treatment and I would absolutely not refund the money.

Why would you refund the money?

Gift tokens are non-refundable!

And the OP is not refusing to do the treatments.

This exactly. When i closed my salon I gave people notice and there were only 3 vouchers outstanding. My vouchers and terms on my website stated clearly gift vouchers are not exchanged for cash. Would she go into M & S and expect them to give her the cash!?

Out of curiosity, how much is the value of the voucher?

If she knew I were closing and stated the voucher should bemused before closure then you shouldn't have to even honour it. Let her know you will honour the voucher out of kindness but as was company policy vouchers have no cash alternative.
Really sorry you had to close and I wish you all the best for the future xoxo

Latest posts

Back