Business | Let The Gel Doctor Soothe Away Foot Pain With Flosole

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
There aren't many jobs that require you to stand up all day long in the same way that hairdressing does. There's no doubt about it, punishing our precious feet like that will definitely take its toll. Sore and aching feet are part of a hairdressers job and not looking after your lower limbs can cause problems. Aching, cold and swollen feet and lower limbs are a given for hairdressers and research shows that no less that 2 million sick days are down to lower limb disorders.

So, with this in mind, the Gel Doctor has created something pretty fabulous to look after your feet. The Flosole, a range of uniquely designed liquid, gel-filled insoles, works to combat the pain caused by compression of the muscles in the feet (leading to reduced blood and oxygen flow). The insoles spread the foot load and gently massage the feet. The slightest body movement causes the liquid gel to move around the carefully shaped channels stimulating muscle action and increasing the blood and oxygen flow. Plus, it stops your feet getting hot and sweaty meaning you'll smell fresher too.

Research shows that over 80% of hairdressers suffer from sore feet, and leading stylist Daniel Galvin is one of them, "Since breaking my ankle some years back, my feet have caused me pain and discomfort; a major problem in a job like mine." Galvin, and the stylists in his salons, are now devotees of the Flosole. "Since I discovered Flosole from the Gel Doctor it softens the impact and makes me feel like I'm walking on air." In fact, he loves them so much he now sells them in his West End salon.

Hairdressers are obviously going to benefit from a product like this, but the Flosole can also help those with lower back pain, arthritis, varicose veins and diabetes and women who are pregnant.

Simply put the Flosole in your shoe - it's that easy. Even better, in the winter you can immerse them in warm water for 2 minutes before putting in your shoes to keep your toes toasty and in summer put them in the freezer. They come in a range of colours and can be easily trimmed to size to ensure they fit perfectly.

Gel Doctor are offering salons an introductory offer - buy two get the third free! For more info and to order Flosoles get to www.geldoctor.com

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• sole_selection_350.jpg
    sole_selection_350.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 382
Last edited:
These sound great!! I'm not a hairdresser but have one of the other problems described so these would be fab. Bet they'd be great for a night out in heels too :wink2: Think I may have to get some :)

Is this an advert? I thought "the ed" was supposed to be more of an unbiased info type of thing...this post and the last one seem far more like adverts, with links to the websites and "special offers for geeks only".... Jus sayin

OMG!!!!!! this could be the answer to my plantar fasciitis !
where /when can i get them ????????????

The question is Mr Editor, do you know if it works? I could do with a pair and my mum could do with a pair :)

This isn't anything new. There was at least 1 company at beauty uk that were selling something incredibly similar to these and I've seen the advertised in other places. Having said that they are really comfortable and feel like you are walking on air so well worth the money xx

OMG!!!!!! this could be the answer to my plantar fasciitis !
where /when can i get them ????????????

I was thinking the same thing! <3

Fit flops sorted out my feet. I used to work in operating theatres and would very often have to stand, pretty much stock still, for hours on end at the operating table. We were supplied with really good leather clog type shoes but still my feet would ache like the devil at the end of a long day. I discover recently that fitflop have created a shoe which the nhs is buying by the thousand and I bought a pair for my salon work.
They are phenomenally, utterly brilliant. I have half a meccano set in my left foot, osteo arthritis in my right foot, impressive bunions from years of ballet and hyper mobile ankles. These fitflops support my feet perfectly, and I can wear them for 16 hours a day with no aches whatsoever. The rest of my body feels like I've been through too hot a wash but my feet could run a marathon!

Womens Gogh Pro Black WOMEN'S SHOES & CLOGS

I have Plantar Fasciitis ( predictive text wanted to right fascist there!!) and extremely flat feet which cause all the problems.
The podiatrist said to me that MBTs / Fit Flops would exacerbate the problem (needless to say this was after I'd invested heavily). They advise use of orthotics and wearing trainers or flat lace up shoes. It should be something that fits and supports your foot not something where your foot has to 'work' to keep the shoe on (like flip flops, slip ons etc). I was also given a sheet of exercises to try and build up muscles and lift the arch of my feet.
Heartbreaking for a shoe lover!!

You're quite right that flip flops without a back strap will aggravate foot conditions. This is why the pro Gogh has a strap; it is held on without your toes needing to scrunch up.

You're quite right that flip flops without a back strap will aggravate foot conditions. This is why the pro Gogh has a strap; it is held on without your toes needing to scrunch up.

Yes, I can see that although maybe it's just me, but straps always fall down and so you end up walking without them! However it wasn't so much this I was commenting on. As I said, I had bought MBTs (and someone had given me Fit Flops) in the belief that they would help. However I was told by the podiatrist that this wouldn't help the condition because they force you to walk in a different way which will exacerbate the condition. I was just trying to make people aware that spending £150 on a pair of trainers (like I did!) without checking with the podiatrist might be a good idea!

Latest posts

Back