Business | Making Money On The Move

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Finally! I can't believe it's taken so long for someone to develop a device that allows those of us who move around the option of accepting card payments. Up until now it's been too expensive, too impractical, or just not available but small and mobile businesses are now able to accept card payments quickly and securely, anywhere, anytime.

Elavon, a subsidiary of U.S. Bancorp, are a leading global payment solutions provider and have announced a full production release of MobileMerchant following a very successful pilot project that begin in January 2012.

MobileMerchant is an innovative, secure and complete payment solution that transforms mobile devices (phones and tablets) into payment terminals meaning that you can accept card payments without having to accept heavy charges, major investment or extra effort. The MobileMerchant app is easily downloaded and paired with a Chip + PIN card reader and can be used on smart phones and tablets. It's easy to understand and has an affordable rate programme.

Guy Harris, Managing Director in Europe says, "Elavon is committed to delivery solution that enhance business opportunities for its customers of all sizes, helping to make them more efficient and more profitable. This solution is perfect for the thousands of very small, often mobile businesses in the UK today."

It's a known fact that more and more people rely on cards rather than cash to pay their way through life and small businesses not willing or able to make traditional card payment methods work have always been at a disadvantage. Guy Harris agrees, "Such businesses have previously not been able to accept card payments easily or cost-effectively. Not only does our solution enable mobile commerce but it has inbuilt EMV Chip + PIN security so small business owners and their customers are fully protected."

Oh, and did we mention that it's super easy? Once you've downloaded the app and entered the account configuration credentials provided by Evalon you are basically ready to go. More than that though, you get full security and support for Chip + PIN, magnetic strip and card-not-present transactions. Once the payments complete, receipts can be texted or emailed to the client. I told you it was easy.

And, it's safe. Security is always going to be your and your client's top priority. All card holder data is securely captured and encrypted using a Bluetooth connected PIN pad ensuring that no information is captured and stored by your smart phone or tablet device.

In a cash-strapped world where business are getting smaller and more mobile because of high overheads, this is a positive move and great news for those of us previously restricted to cash payments.

Need to know more? Visit Elavon - MobileMerchant

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• credit cards.jpg
    credit cards.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 400
The girl who works at my salon and a couple of others has been doing this for a while.
She takes all her payments on her tablet. It is nothing new I'm afraid.

It would be helpful if they at least gave some ball park figures of set up costs, monthly rental and transaction costs somewhere. I don't really want to have someone contact me unless I have at least an IDEA of how much it's going to cost me.

Cherrybaby if you click on 'Frequently asked questions' under the 'new to payment acceptance' title you can download a pdf file which includes some information on pricing.

Air x

Latest posts

Back