Buying Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumpapple

Reaction score
Is there anywhere else to purchase gelish other than nail harmony and sallys?
I can't often get to a sallys and have seen a company called beverly beaute online. does anyone use them? are they real?
thanks

Also I wanted to buy a new lamp - do harmony not sell UV ones now? is it only LED?

Nail Harmony are the official authorised distributors for the UK. These are the guys who will give you product support and advise when ever you need it. They know exactly how their products perform and products are available to order via their website. Xxxx

If you buy from beverly beaute and have any problems with the product there is no come back, your insurance will also be invalid and you also may end up with a hefty customs charge as they package there products illegally. All this for the sake of saving a few pounds really in my opinion isn't worth the hassle, and it will most probably cost you more in the long run.

Hi,

I have used Beverly Beaute, they are a real company but based in the US so postage takes a bit of time, I think I waited around 2 weeks or so for my colours to come, I didnt have to pay any extra Tax as they factor that in, all the Gelish colours I received were very well wrapped and packaged and they are great!

Hope that helps.

Alison x

Hi,

I have used Beverly Beaute, they are a real company but based in the US so postage takes a bit of time, I think I waited around 2 weeks or so for my colours to come, I didnt have to pay any extra Tax as they factor that in, all the Gelish colours I received were very well wrapped and packaged and they are great!

Hope that helps.

Alison x
Beverley Beaute is a real company, but the tax they have factored into their prices are for USA not for the UK. The products are flamable and have to be shipped via a reputable source and not just parcel post.
They are only responsible for their products until they leave USA once the products enter the UK they come under import and export law and then become your responsibility as you are the legal owner of the purchased item/s.

So just to make sure you are all aware that when buying from outside the UK you will need to check with customs and excise where you stand with regards to this....

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/post/internet.htm#4

Make sure the supplier completes an accurate Customs Declaration

Goods arriving in the UK from outside the EU by post or courier must have a Customs Declaration fixed to the package - completed by the sender. The declaration should include:
  • a description of the goods
  • their value
  • whether they are gifts, commercial or personal items
Some websites will offer to show a value on the Customs Declaration that's much lower than the actual price paid so that you don't have to pay duty and/or VAT when the goods enter the UK. This is wrong: if you're ordering goods over the Internet, it is in your own interest to make sure that the sender abroad makes a complete and accurate declaration. If no declaration is made, or the information is inaccurate, the package may be delayed whilst the UK Border Agency makes further enquiries, or in some cases the package and its contents may be seized and as the importer of the goods you will be liable for any charges.

This has happend to me and all I ordered was some stuff back in 2003, never again!!!!!

Regular Shipments into the UK are monitored and you will have to get a least a temporay import license and pay the correct duty(tax) on imported goods.... you might get away with it once or even twice, but customs do watch and I got a huge import tax bill on an acouple of orders from the states a few years ago that then made the products 3x as much ...nearly 80% tax..
just check it out, I don't want to rain on any ones parade but also I don't want to see anyone out of pocket either.....

I now rely on other to do all that importing for me, I order in the uk from the UK and I know that I have 100% product support and I am keeping my business support here in the UK.

Just my thoughts and may not be the view/thoughts of others xxx
Now back to my much needed after work drink, Voddy and Orange anyone????:hug::Love:

I just purchased a couple of Gelish colours from a supplier in the US who I have used before and this time I've ended up with customs charges!! Made it work out the same as buying in the UK from Sally's but with a 2 week wait!
Lesson learnt today!!

If you contact Sally's they do deliver and they also (the last time I checked ) had a fab deal including the lamp. I nearly had a 2nd lamp just because if the price it's worth ringing and asking xx
HTH

Latest posts

Back