Calgel diamond sparkle and black calgel - what colours best with this

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purplelinda

Reaction score
Hi All

I have bought diamond sparkle calgel and was wondering what colours you would use with this I am currently wearing 14 with this on top and love it.

tried it with the competion white and didnt even show up bah!!!!

Also has anyone tried the black one as I have been told it is quite transparent and would love to buy it but am not so sure.

Thanks

Linda

Hiya I have black and its very popular its stunning when on, diamond goes with loads i have it with red also purple, black as weell its nice when clients are going somewhere special .

Hiya

thanks for your reply.

I really want to use the black gel but I have been told that it is very transparent and not easy to use. I havent been doing calgel for long but am getting better on myself lol.

can you give me any tips for applying black gel.

Thanks

Linda

Use 3 coats with black gel.You can also just put a black varnish over if you only want to do the normal 2 coats of colour so as not to make the nails too thick.Varnish just stays put on the gel unless you take it off with remover i guess because its a rubbery surface it really doesn't chip or wear at all.

In training they put a thin layer of diamond just along the smile line of a french which looks pretty.

I loooove diamond with black :D
Also, I noticed that diamond tends to hide little flaws in your nail art ;)

But I really don't like calgel's black. It's too light, and even with 3 coats it's still too light for me. I just mix black pigment powder with clear and make my own

i put the first coat on in purple and then do the second coat in black and you get a really nice colour and it seems really popular.

What do you mean by black pigment powder, what it is that and where do you get it !:)

If you ask one of the Calgel team to mix the black with the Christian Eyebrow pencil this works great and makes the black a deeper black.

i put the first coat on in purple and then do the second coat in black and you get a really nice colour and it seems really popular.

What do you mean by black pigment powder, what it is that and where do you get it !:)

It's a colour powder you can either mix with acrylic powder or gel. I use one by a brand called Pika Ace, but if it's not available for you, MAC's black pigment powder (not the glittery one) works nicely too! Just make sure to make sure you mix it into the gel very well before applying to prevent streaks, and cure for 3 minutes :)

Hi All,

Roughly about a year ago the pigment in th eblack gel changed and it is now pure black!!! The Black gel needs a very thorough mix and 2 layers seakled with clear gel with give you th eperfect dark black colour which i am currently wearing.

Thanks

Karen Calgel

the black is AMAZING NOW!! so pleased it changed, i have a photo of it in my album on here :)
also when i use diamond i would just do a thin layer over the top of whatever colour u done otherwise u wont see the true effect of the diamond xxxx

Latest posts

Back