Calgel Infills with NSI Balance Bond?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxcetera

Reaction score
I was asked by one of the mums today at school, if she could book in for infills. She had them done at a local salon who use Calgel, but I use NSI Balance system. I'm assuming the 2 systems aren't compatible with one being soak off and the other buff off, is this correct?

I did my first set today on a non relative and I was so chuffed with them, everything went swimmingly, shes over the moon. Promptly went into school to pick our kids up, the other mums were looking and I got 2 bookings and this infill request :D

If I can't do these infills, what would you suggest?

Also, the other 2 salons around here are the NSS variety, if someone was to come to me for infills on those or a soak off, would you attempt it? I've heard the horror stories about it being like gluey cement that stinks of fish :D

Last edited:
You should be able to apply balance gel over any other enhancement product. if its a traditional hard gel, or l&p i would just file the enhancement down as thin as possble, and apply the balance gel, building the nail as your normally would. when filling nails originally done by another tech i almost always clip off the tip and re-sculpt. you can theoretically do this over a soak off gel as well, but some of them dont file very easily and it would be best to just soak them off and start from scratch. if you are able to file them comfortably, make sure to file it extremely thin as having too much of the "soft" gel underneath the "hard" gel will act as a cushion, providing too much "give", and your hard gel could crack on top. If you see that their natural nails are damanged after soaking them off, just use extra care in your prep and application and rest assured that applying the balance gel will protect the natural nail as it regrows. If they are damaged to the point where you are uncomfortable reapplying enhancement product, perscribe a manicure every one or two weeks, keep her nails polished and send her home with a good cuticle oil to use daily. in a couple months she should be ready for enhancements again.

You should be able to apply balance gel over any other enhancement product. if its a traditional hard gel, or l&p i would just file the enhancement down as thin as possble, and apply the balance gel, building the nail as your normally would. when filling nails originally done by another tech i almost always clip off the tip and re-sculpt. you can theoretically do this over a soak off gel as well, but some of them dont file very easily and it would be best to just soak them off and start from scratch. if you are able to file them comfortably, make sure to file it extremely thin as having too much of the "soft" gel underneath the "hard" gel will act as a cushion, providing too much "give", and your hard gel could crack on top. If you see that their natural nails are damanged after soaking them off, just use extra care in your prep and application and rest assured that applying the balance gel will protect the natural nail as it regrows. If they are damaged to the point where you are uncomfortable reapplying enhancement product, perscribe a manicure every one or two weeks, keep her nails polished and send her home with a good cuticle oil to use daily. in a couple months she should be ready for enhancements again.

Ive never heard of doing it this way round (not to say it doesn't work, just never heard of it)

Ive always understood/done it the other way round SOG over buff off, as SOG is more flexible than buff off.
By putting a buff off which is more rigid than soak off over the top of the soft gel would not give the buff off gel a very solid foundation.

Much easier to soak off & reapply.

thanks folks :D

shes already got a 3 week regrowth and I can't get her in for nearly 2 weeks (bookings have gone kinda nuts! which is a good thing) I'll suggest it too her tomorrow

Latest posts

Back