Calgel tips or sculptures?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michellen2411

Reaction score
I'm a newbie to Calgel, I am loving doing it but am having problems with my tips staying on 😞 I'm using the exact method I have been taught but with no joy.. I have got new glue, new bulbs and new tips.. I'm keeping them short as I've been advised but they keep coming off.. Would sculptures be better as they seem stronger, just not to confident doing them.. Any help much appreciated 😊

personally i love doing sculptures but they should both be strong. Talk me through your routine please? maybe that will shed some light and we can offer a wee bit more advice xxx

Right, I shape and prep as I would with overlays, apply the clear gel to the nail (not to the cuticle) buff the shine off, apply glue to the tip and place on nail at an angle, buff and blend then apply my gel.. I love doing them but its disheartening when I'm getting told there not even lasting a week 😞 thanks for your help..x

Firstly have you trained with them actually by Calgel

Yeah I've done the Calgel course..x

Yeah I've done the Calgel course..x

Just asking because there could be lots of reasons if not.I don't use the Calgel tips I have much better results with pro impressions welless tips they are thinner flexible and require very little blending.
You have to build strength along the stress area I do this by laying strings of gel from above to below the stress area you have to work quite quick as it such a thin gel but you can freeze the gel after each nail before you do your full cure.
Also you canholdthe hand upside down which will allow gravity to help with an apex.

I might try different tips.. I have some CND ones I might try.. To be honest I've never done the 'sausages' I'll give it a go.. My friend is also having the same problems.. I do find the calgel tips quite thick.. Thank u.. 😊

I don't do calgel but I do do bio sculpture. Tips just don't seem to work with these systems. Sculpture are far better. I know tricky to master but well worth it. The tips need an inflexible overlay in my opinion such as hard gel or l&p.

I find that after about 3 weeks there own nails are long enough to not need the tips sculpts anymore anyway.If someone does want long talons no Calgel is not the Gel to use.I also do hard gel but rarely do it now talons arnt very fashionable now.

I don't do calgel but I do do bio sculpture. Tips just don't seem to work with these systems. Sculpture are far better. I know tricky to master but well worth it. The tips need an inflexible overlay in my opinion such as hard gel or l&p.

A lot of people I have spoke to have said the same, unless u have acrylic on them they won't hold.. Think I will practice my sculpting as I don't want to go down the l&p route.. Thanks for your help.. 😊

I find that after about 3 weeks there own nails are long enough to not need the tips sculpts anymore anyway.If someone does want long talons no Calgel is not the Gel to use.I also do hard gel but rarely do it now talons arnt very fashionable now.

I'm not a big fan of long nails, I prefer them shorter.. I'm trying to talk people into growing their own rather than have tips..😊

I find the Calgel tips really great, it does take practice to do them. Have you tried putting a layer of IZ gel on once you have blended your tip to give you some extra strength and start building in some shape before you apply any colour? This might help you a little, especially if the nails you are tipping are not great xxxx

I find the Calgel tips really great, it does take practice to do them. Have you tried putting a layer of IZ gel on once you have blended your tip to give you some extra strength and start building in some shape before you apply any colour? This might help you a little, especially if the nails you are tipping are not great xxxx
I haven't tried the IZ gel yet.. Might be worth a go.. It's stronger than the normal gel? Just a thin layer?x

Yes. It's great to use as a thin strengthening layer and you can use it as your finishing layer too, it works well if you need a bit of toughness. It might help.

Ok lovely.. I will try that also.. Thank u..

Calgel is very similar to Bio Sculpture Gel & I would go as far as saying that Tips with Bio arent great either... Sculptures are much much better & certainly last the whole mile ....

Line up all the forms first & then proceed from there.. You'll soon get into the swing of things & will find them to be a lot quicker than applying tips & blending ...

I have just done a full set of sculptures in 2.5 hours haha.. I did prefer doing those to tips.. Think that's going to be the way forward.. Also for people who bite there nails would u all suggest just a clear gel until the nails have grown?

Latest posts

Back