Calgel Users

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kat.wri

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondering do you ever use well-less tips when using gel or do you always use a full tip and blend?

do you find any difference between the two methods?

thanks

hi,i use half well and they seem to be fine, interested to see what anyone else thinks, I'm doing a refresher course tomorrow ( mainly for tips ) so i will ask for you

thank you that would be great if you could- when your using well-less tips do you find the nails are staying on ok ?

yer they seem to be

I have only ever used full sized wells and then trimmed well down and then blended. No problems. But I do always pre blend tip saves a lot of time and get a better finish to nail.

Do you have a problem with the tips hun? Is that why you're asking.

I just find the blending of the tips - takes me along time, that why I was wondering about the well-tips- but just worried they won't be as strong

I do always pre blend tip saves a lot of time and get a better finish to nail.

May I ask, how do you pre blend a tip?

I was taught to use half and well less tips....but I can remember ever being shown how to pre blend??? :confused: hmmm.

if you make sure you reinforce the stress area i think youll find half well are fine ( im crap at blending tips i always overblend or dont blend enough !)

May I ask, how do you pre blend a tip?

I was taught to use half and well less tips....but I can remember ever being shown how to pre blend??? :confused: hmmm.

I wasn't shown at my training, but went to visit another Calgel tech after and she showed me.

Size up tip and trim well, then using black oreo file go over tip (well end) in a buffing motion, going from one side of the tip to the other and about half way down the tip. You don't need to do it alot or the tip becomes to weak.

I'm not very good at describing things lol

This works for me now, I was crap at blending the tip but now I have minimal blending to do when the tip is actually on the nail.

Does that help??

Thankyou, I will try that!!!
:)

hi, i asked today and they seem to think that full well is best, i used the calgel 600's today without pre blending, and i was amazed at how easy they were to blend !

Those are the ones I use Lilly. I still trim down the well if necessary but only if its longer than 1/2 the length of the nail bed.

Glad you found them easier to blend xx

Latest posts

Back