Calling all experienced lashers!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grete

Reaction score
HI,
i have been doing semi permanent lashes for 1.5 years now. I love what i do, but.... I am really struggling with attaching lashes to the inner corner of the right eye. I don't know if my tecnique is wrong, my angle is wrong etc. But there is definetley something wrong! :) Do you know the feeling, when client looks in the mirror and says-wow! They look beautiful! And you just stand there and have the feeling like you didn't do a good job, because some lashes are not straight enough! I hate this! How do you get the right eye inner corner lashes look straight? It is really frustrating. I had a problem with the left eye outer corner as well..lol...but have fixed that. I just ask the client to turn her head on the right side a bit and then i can attach the lashes perfectly. I have changed my glue now as well as i got too many stickies and trying to sperate the lashes at the end made the inner corner look even more wonky! :sad:
If anyone has got some good tips or techniques please help!
Thank you.
Grete

Hi Grete,

For the inner lashes, I tend the pull the eyelid out to the side to make the inner corners easier to reach. This has really helped me.

Hth

Hi Grete,

For the inner lashes, I tend the pull the eyelid out to the side to make the inner corners easier to reach. This has really helped me.

Hth

HI Cherrybaby,
thank you for your reply :) But what do you mean by pulling the eyelid out to the side? I must be daft. Haha. x

Has anyone else got some good tips or advice plese? I just want to give up! :sad: x

Hi Grete, I struggled with inner corners for ages, i find though that when I changed my set up it helped. I have a chair with wheels so I can adjust my position easily and also I used to use my couch with the client lying on a pillow. I now use the headrest attachment and it just makes things so much easier. I can get my legs under the bench properly so if doing the inner corner on the right eye, I swing myself round to the right side of the headrest facing to the left, just enough so I am seeing the lashes straight on (I hope that makes sense) also don't be worried about touching their face or nose, again something I felt weird about not sure if any of this helps, but hopefully it will.
I tried lots of different tweezers as well which made no difference, but just using the straight tweezers you can also pick up the lash at slightly different angles to help with the inner corners x

Difficult to explain, but I'll try :)

Obviously the eyes are closed, if you're doing the left eye, place your left hand on the skin at the outside corner of the eyelid and pull it back towards the ear. This stretches the eyelid and makes the inner lashes easier to get to.

Hope that makes sense!

Hi Grete, I struggled with inner corners for ages, i find though that when I changed my set up it helped. I have a chair with wheels so I can adjust my position easily and also I used to use my couch with the client lying on a pillow. I now use the headrest attachment and it just makes things so much easier. I can get my legs under the bench properly so if doing the inner corner on the right eye, I swing myself round to the right side of the headrest facing to the left, just enough so I am seeing the lashes straight on (I hope that makes sense) also don't be worried about touching their face or nose, again something I felt weird about not sure if any of this helps, but hopefully it will.
I tried lots of different tweezers as well which made no difference, but just using the straight tweezers you can also pick up the lash at slightly different angles to help with the inner corners x

Thank you Jenx! i use the headrest too and it has made things sooooo much easier. I have been thinking about the chair with wheels, but i am mobile and have so many things to carry with me already :) I have to try and swing myself around a bit then :D It just frustrates the hell out of me! But im not a quitter and im sure i will get the hang of it. :) But thank you so much for answering Jenx! x

Difficult to explain, but I'll try :)

Obviously the eyes are closed, if you're doing the left eye, place your left hand on the skin at the outside corner of the eyelid and pull it back towards the ear. This stretches the eyelid and makes the inner lashes easier to get to.

Hope that makes sense!

I got you now Cherrybaby! Better late than never! :) I will try that on my todays client and let's see how i get on. Thank you for your help! x

This may be a dumb question but when you use the headrest where do you put the lashes/jade stone?

I did my training on Monday and due to start my case studies this weekend....

I use mink strips on the back of my hand and a glue ring for application, but you could have a table at the side if you needed one xx

I have lashes on a strip back of my hand as well, but never got hang on using the glue ring. It always used to fall off my finger! :D What a disaster! So now i put the jade stone behind the clients head on the headrest..had couple of accidents there as well, especially when i was wearing a loose shirt!
But i saw a video, where the technician was wearing a latex glove on her left hand and put a dollop of glue straight to the glove, next to the strip lashes.
So i will try that next :) x

Of Course. Always use latex gloves. They're cheap and avoid problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't the warmth of your hand dry the glue up really quickly? :/ x

Wouldn't the warmth of your hand dry the glue up really quickly? :/ x

I am not sure Pinkbunny, i will try it and let you know how i got on:) x

Brians post has been edited but he had posted about putting the glue straight onto the glove?

This is really interesting and I'd like to try it but my glue is fast setting and very runny.

Doesn't it end up running everywhere? Or is there a way to avoid this?

I was shown to put micro pore tape on back of hand then the adhesive onto that but it just ends up running on my hand i wouldn't reccomend it lol

I was shown to put micro pore tape on back of hand then the adhesive onto that but it just ends up running on my hand i wouldn't reccomend it lol

Ouch! I always get it on my fingers somehow (same with polish - I'm just messy lol) and it feels like superglue on your hands x

Latest posts

Back