Calling All Southern Creative Masters....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinity

Brush Slayer Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi All

This is a purely hypothetical question at the moment but are there any other Southern existing Masters who would be interested in upgrading to the new Masters Qualification as per the latest edition of Update, but in London not Leeds?

In the Jan/Feb edition of Update under the Amping Up Education section it says:-

We will be inviting ALL the original Creative Master Artists (Liquid & Powder) to an event in Leeds to re-qualify for the NEW Master Certificate. This will be presented to you on the day, upon successful completion of an unfinished tip and overlay and an unfinished sculpted nail.

All Masters can work on each other and at the end of the day we will unveil the NEW Master Artist Incentives. All attendees will need to bring their original Master Certificates to take part.

The day is free of charge and a wonderful opportunity to catch up wiht your host of judges - Gigi Rouse, Samuel Sweet, Amanda Fontanarrosa, Ketan Patel, Dianne Plummer plus many more of your Creative Ambassador favourites.

Watch our for more news in The Hyperion Group Update, industry magazines such as Scratch and Professional Nails plus www.salongeek.com for dates, times and places. This is a 2007 event not to be missed! (Does not apply to Grand Masters although they are more than welcome to attend)!

I'd love to do this, but going to Leeds is a serious trek. Whilst placing my stock order to day I mentioned the course to Ketan who says he might be prepared to run the day in London too if there was enough interest from those down here who didn't want to travel to Leeds

He says he hasn't had details yet so it's purely all hypothetical and fact finding at the moment. And it does say in the article '...dates, times and places.....' so they may well be planning a London event anyway, only time will tell :lol:

But as a start anyone else interested?

I would definitely be interested.

I was at Salisbury the other day and was led to believe that this is for the people with the old masters qualification, not the current one. Having said that tho, when on the phone with head office, they didn't seem to know anything at all.
Basically if I need to update then I'm interested if not, I've too many other coursed booked already.
Hopefully someone will come up with the info soon!:confused:

I was at Salisbury the other day and was led to believe that this is for the people with the old masters qualification, not the current one. Having said that tho, when on the phone with head office, they didn't seem to know anything at all.
Basically if I need to update then I'm interested if not, I've too many other coursed booked already.
Hopefully someone will come up with the info soon!:confused:

Hi Sahara

Yes this is the original Masters, anyone who took their Masters before March 2005 (ish) will have done it under the old education system. The new one was introduced after that, and when trying to book on to new courses Leeds were not accepting it as the current Master level.

Therefore it will be a great opportunity for those of us (like me) who have the original one but not the new. I'm gutted as I took my Masters a month before the new stuff came in and was later told it was irrelevant when I tried to book more training.

Hi Trin I took mine in Arpil 05 and was able to go on and take my brisa masters last year, as long as you have kept up with two classes a year I see absolutly no reason why it should not be recognised.

Hi..

I would be interested too..do you what the cost that is involved?

Hi..

I would be interested too..do you what the cost that is involved?

Denise

The article in the Update says it's a free day :D

Hi Trin I took mine in Arpil 05 and was able to go on and take my brisa masters last year, as long as you have kept up with two classes a year I see absolutly no reason why it should not be recognised.

Jac - don't get me started :irked:

I don't want to take my gel masters, or fabric as I don't get much call for them, and loath gel, but I did want to take some extra courses to keep my skills up. As you know being a member of ANT you undertake to do at least 1 days training a year.

So I called Leeds to book on a Masters only tips & skill building only to be told my masters wasn't recognised as it was the old one not the new. Seeing as I did it a month before they changed to the new I argued that I should carry forward 'grandfather rights' and still be recognised but they said no, I had to retake all the courses and requalify.

I had a brief conversation with GMG about it, which unfortunately was interrupted by my client arriving, and when I called back I didn't get a returned call to finally resolve it.

Suffice to say, any new training/skill building on L&P I've wanted to do has been on a 1-2-1 basis but that doesn't provided me with a certificate to send to ANT to prove my training, so I get stuck in catch 22.

I'm guessing a few of us older Masters are having similar issues hence the free course to allow us the 'new' qualification. Although I still had to do all the same courses as currently although they were called different names so I'm not sure I fully understand the rationale behind it.

I would be nice not to have to do the battle everytime so I'd like the new one and done with it, but I'm not keen on going to Leeds.

I would be interested in updating in London x

TRIN DID YOU KEEP UP WITH YOUR TWO CLASSES A YEAR AFTER YOU TOOK YOUR MASTERS TO KEEP YOUR MASTERS CERTIFICATE oops sorry for caps.
thats what I was told I had to do, I did that and was then able to carry on with the new pre masters and skill building classes.

TRIN DID YOU KEEP UP WITH YOUR TWO CLASSES A YEAR AFTER YOU TOOK YOUR MASTERS TO KEEP YOUR MASTERS CERTIFICATE oops sorry for caps.
thats what I was told I had to do, I did that and was then able to carry on with the new pre masters and skill building classes.

Taking two classes a year wasn't condition of the Masters I took, it came in with the new education programme - but I have done at least 1 class a year for my ANT membership.

But they wouldn't let me do the two classes a year to keep up the Masters because they won't recognise my masters qualification.

And having spend the hundreds I already had done (literally) a month before it changed I bloomin' well wasn't going to spend it all again. I was in the last group to do the course, not realising they wouldn't recognise it. If I'd have known I would have waited and done the new one

How strange that it can vary from acadamy to acadamy, I took mine in the April when did you take yours.

How strange that it can vary from acadamy to acadamy, I took mine in the April when did you take yours.

End of the February just before your April qualification - if I remember correctly there were no courses in the March and the new one came into effect in the April

Thanks Trin.

I haven't recieved an update for months!..

Trin, mine is definitely the old masters not the new.

Trin, mine is definitely the old masters not the new.

Then damn you woman how come you haven't had the hassle I have :lol:

I definitely didn't have to do two days a year to keep my Masters 'current' and I do remember that being part of the new 'rules' which came in after I did mine.

And Acton don't give me any problems over it, it's only Leeds that cause me stress when trying to book courses. That said, you book courses directly with the Acadamy now don't you so I won't have their hassle anymore :D

Latest posts

Back