Calling All Techs In The US!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Yolanda! I'm Jesse, I live in Delaware. I've been a nail tech for 4 years, next month! I apprentised at a day spa to get my license, but I don't know if that's possible for you in Michigan.
Also, your state Dept of Labor may be able to give you assistance with tuition
Being licensed in this country is really important, it makes you feel much better about yourself, and sets you apart in the eyes of clients, so I wish you the best of luck!
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions :Grope:

Well as most Americans are descended from Scots! (or the Irish)....I feel I can post on your thread Yolanda!!....Jeez we might even be related!!

Good thread....as I feel that our American friends are not as vocal as they could be ( your good self being the exception!!)....so keep on posting...and a big welcome to the site to all you lurking americans :hug:

Oh Izzie, you're way off. Demographics have changed here alot. Less that half of americans are even caucasian, let alone specifically Scottish or Irish.
The term "minority" is a little misleading. Most americans are now non-white

Just thought you may wanna know

You are still a US tech to me hun, welcome!!!

:green: thanks then

Miami is cool to visit
but it s less funny when you live there
people are not as friendly as i was expecting
but i enjoyed the beach still i miss it
my tan is running away from me now that i came back :irked:

Well as most Americans are descended from Scots! (or the Irish)....I feel I can post on your thread Yolanda!!....Jeez we might even be related!!

Good thread....as I feel that our American friends are not as vocal as they could be ( your good self being the exception!!)....so keep on posting...and a big welcome to the site to all you lurking americans :hug:
OH IZZI...I HOPE WE ARE RELATED!!! :lol: You know my surname is Irish, so YOU NEVER KNOW!!

Hi Yolanda! I'm Jesse, I live in Delaware. I've been a nail tech for 4 years, next month! I apprentised at a day spa to get my license, but I don't know if that's possible for you in Michigan.
Also, your state Dept of Labor may be able to give you assistance with tuition
Being licensed in this country is really important, it makes you feel much better about yourself, and sets you apart in the eyes of clients, so I wish you the best of luck!
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions :Grope:
Hey hun!!
Thanks for posting! I can get financial aid for MOST of my tution...my problem comes in on the part that the tuition doesn't cover which would mean about $600 out of pocket...which may not seem like alot to some, but it's quite a bit for me....don't worry I'll get it somehow. I know some shops have an apprenticeship program...I might have to look into that!

I would hope you all know by now I'm a USA tech, and Izzi, hate to break it to you, but I'm English...only second generation American, my grandfather immigrated when he was 4 (my dad's dad) and on my mother's side it's not much better...great grandmother there...I did however marry a nice Irish boy, does that count?

:green: thanks then

Miami is cool to visit
but it s less funny when you live there
people are not as friendly as i was expecting
but i enjoyed the beach still i miss it
my tan is running away from me now that i came back :irked:

No you're right, people are not as friendly in Miami.

Now that I live in Georgia there is real Southern Hospitality

We were shocked at how friendly and sweet people are here compared to what we were used to

People walking their dogs down the street here in GA wave and smile at anyone that goes by, at first it was unsettling to say the least LOL

S

I have family in Georgia, and my church just opened a new ministry in Atlanta...how cool is that??

Comon guys!! I just stocked some bomb pops in the freezer, beer in the fridge and some lemon cookies!!! :lol:

heyyyyy...

Its SO like me to find a cool thread a YEAR after it posts lol.

SHould I open my big mouth or does everyone already KNOW all about me lol ;)

Where are the donuts? I heard there were donuts. Donuts?

I'm a new "tech to be" in California. I start my required 400 hr course in 19 days!

Second generation Irish on my mum's side and same deal French Canadian on my dad's. Flaherty is my mum's maiden name. Married into a "Hallford" family.

Someone mentioned....doughnuts?

S

WELCOME, WELCOME!!!
So glad to have my fellow US'ers here!!

I had to toss the doughnuts (they got stale) :rolleyes: I will bring in a fresh batch later this evening, but we do have some eggnog with a special twist and some spiced cider, you know for the holiday season :wink2:

WELCOME, WELCOME!!!
So glad to have my fellow US'ers here!!

I had to toss the doughnuts (they got stale) :rolleyes: I will bring in a fresh batch later this evening, but we do have some eggnog with a special twist and some spiced cider, you know for the holiday season :wink2:

Does the special twist make you feel all warm and silly? :Grope:

Does the special twist make you feel all warm and silly? :Grope:
ok, you nicked the wine from the panto thread, took hallucinogens on another so that a fuzzy thing in your signature became some one else's avatar and now you want a special twist to make you all warm and silly. I believe we may need to do an intervention, I wonder if there is a cyberalholics annonmous? :hug: I'm getting concerned about your substance abuse, I may have to bring back the cat to fix it!! seeing that you are still dressed as a bird!

Nothing to do with me I know this thread , but I just wanted to say how much you all made me smile because of your unison, I'm really feeling lots of love right now. God bless you all and Merry Christmas!

Ms Matrix you are a star!!

Teri x:hug:

ooh, hope Im not too late saying hello........ my name is veronica Im originally from New York and now living in Toronto. I started nails when I was sixteen ((im 31 now)) but I went to school for cosmetology, I also do hair very well I might add but hate doing it only when Im broke I do it !!! The only time I did nails for a living was when I was living in jamaica ((about a year ago)) and since I've been in canada I've only done it a few times I only have three customers and thats because I really dont have the time, because Im a full time/ overtime workaholic . I love to do nails especially when they come out xtra beautiful it makes me feel really nice inside just knowing that a customer is happy wih the service I have provided for them, my little girl is my favorite customer with the hair and the nails. she dosnt live with me shes back in new york but every chance she gets shes on a bus to toronto, anyway Im blabing too much. Thank you so much for the invite and by the way the posts and Q&A 's are really informative, the tutorials are the best, by the way im lookin to head back to new york I havnt made up my mind yet...............:eek:

The bird suits me, he has a big mouth lol. Jeni does intervention mean BIG PARTY?!?!? I dont want to go to cyberholics anonymous, thats for QUITTERS :)

Well I am not yet trained but...

My name is Kristina Marie Huerta. I live in Danville Illinois, very small crappy town. I was born and raised in Indianapolis Indiana so I am a big city girl trapped in a small town. Not for long though I am planning to move back to Indy next year. I am married to a wonderful man that has unfortunatly fell to bad circumstances and landed himself in prison but will get out in Feb 2007. I have a wonderful and very active 3 year old son named Donnie. I have been "playing around with nails since I was 15 and have just recently realized that I would like to take it a step further and make a profession of it. I am currently a tecnician for an automotive plant, boring. I am going to school for my BA in art education. Well there isn't too much else to say about myself.

Hellllllllloooooooo! Heather, I'm so glad you pulled this thread out of whatever box it was lost in!

My name is Michelle and I just started doing nails this year. I've worked in offices for 22 years, the last 7 in Office Manager positions. My last job was driving me crazy....I loved the work but the people were unbelievably unprofessional. You know the kind...got great grades at school but NO people skills to speak of. Needless to say, after a run-in with my manager, I said F**K THIS and left, did not look back. Thanks to my wonderful hubbie, I spent the summer in Nail School to do something that I've wanted to do for a while. My kids are older and don't need mommy home and the financial situation was OK enough for me to be unemployed temporarily.

I'm now licensed and working in a great Day Spa and am loving it so far! I stumbled upon the Nail Geek when I was researching something this summer and have been addicted since.

So excited to hear from everyone here in the US, Feel free to PM me anytime!

Ooooooooh, I am soo excited about everyone coming out!!
Welcome, welcome, welcome to you all!!! :D
I know you will come to love the salon geek as I have!​

ANNOUNCEMENT!!
We are now re-stocked with doughnuts of all varieties, a fantastic array of holiday treats and YES the special twist in the egg nog makes you all warm and silly....careful don't drink too much!! :lol:

...anymore US geeks lurking around out there??

*guzzles eggnogs, wearing shirt that says "QUITTERS SUCK!"

DONUTS!!!!! YAY!!!!!

Thanks Landa.......

Latest posts

Back