Calling out to Nail Techs in Australia - relocating

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaurieClaire

Reaction score
I am a Creative Nail Techician (only trained last year), based in the UK looking to move to Australia.
My partner is a Mechanic and from what I understand Australia is in need of people in that trade, however with regards to my career prospects, I am unsure whether I would be able to find work in the Beauty Industry as a Nail Technician?
Prior to this I have always worked in Property but am really keen to work as a Creative Nail Tech.
Could anyone advise me on whether I would find work (employed or self employed) in Australia?

You could try sending a PM to carl aka nailzoo
he is over there and would be able to answer all your questions hth

Hi there
You havent said which state you might be moving to. I live in rural South Australia - but if your heading to a major city you are probably better off speaking to Nail Zoo.
Goodluck with your venture and let us know when and where you are going. :hug:

Sorry mate for sounding like a wet blanket, but, we have alot of NSS salons here that whether techs want to admit it or not ARE taking alot of our potential clientele away.
Call it ignorance, convenience, pricing WHATEVER. But its true in my experience and alot of other tech friends in aus.
If i had my time over again, i would have done beauty therapy also.
If you are using creative products (which are wonderful,before anyone bites my head off:rolleyes:) BUT they are very expensive here, so obviously u do need to charge a higher end. Unfortunately with the prices of our mortgages, petrol, fresh fruit, veg, meat etc, NEW clients will NOT pay it when they can get a cheap,fast job at the NSS between grocery shopping LOL.:rolleyes: Sorry.:irked:
The only way to build clients is with referals and for some bloody reason even the most satisfied clients are reluctant to refer many.IMO anyways.

Australia is a big country & it really depends where you're going. Checkout the jobsearch site.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your tips and advice! This is all new to me as it is my partner that is really keen to move to Australia. He is waiting to hear from a company who deal with the recruitment for his job as to the location (I know Australia is a very big country!!!). So....I am waiting also!

If I'm honest, just wanted to know whether it'd be worth my while working as a nail tech over there or not...it seems very similar to what techs would say here in the UK I guess, maybe just on a slightly smaller scale!

Thanks for all your advice everyone!

x

Not sure how respected "Nail Technician" is , in regard to immigration, but the Vietnamese don't seem to have a problem.
It is however, a very competative market.

You would really be better off seeking some professional advice during your application to see what the officials think, anything I offer would only be "opinion" .... GOOD LUCK.

I am a Creative Nail Techician (only trained last year), based in the UK looking to move to Australia.
My partner is a Mechanic and from what I understand Australia is in need of people in that trade, however with regards to my career prospects, I am unsure whether I would be able to find work in the Beauty Industry as a Nail Technician?
Prior to this I have always worked in Property but am really keen to work as a Creative Nail Tech.
Could anyone advise me on whether I would find work (employed or self employed) in Australia?

Hey there!
where abouts are you guys thinking of moving to (state)? i think it all depends on where abouts you's go ie: rural,city etc....
I was in a inland city (albury, nsw) and it was totally getting over run with nail techs there was just noones nails left to do either that or one wanted to pay to have them done! lol
just moved over to bunbury (hour half below perth western australia) and theres quite a few here but nothing like albury so im going to give it a shot over here when i get established.
nic

Hi there
I have been in Australia for a little over 4 months now and know a fair bit about the visa application. My Hubby is a land rover master tech and we were able to get PR based on his job which you should be able to get if you OH is a tech also. If you would like to know more PM me and I can give you some web sites to look at to help you.

Lisa
xxxx

Not sure how respected "Nail Technician" is , in regard to immigration, but the Vietnamese don't seem to have a problem.
It is however, a very competative market.

They've probably been there for years... maybe even a few generations by now..

They're not new immigrates... The reason you didnt notice them before is because they worked in resturants and take-aways...

But then someone came up with this fabulous fast-money-with-no-need-for-training idea and everyone else suddenly decided they wanted a career change... :rolleyes:

It's the same with England.

Sorry mate for sounding like a wet blanket, but, we have alot of NSS salons here that whether techs want to admit it or not ARE taking alot of our potential clientele away.
Where I live there are 4 NSS salons in a 12km radius.

Latest posts

Back