Can 14% be used as a rapid tan for a paler person?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen-Nail Tech

Reaction score
I use Nouvatan (and love it) I'm trying to use the solution up so I can order a fresh batch but I have a bottle of 14% and lots of paler friends...!! In my head it makes sense to just tell them to wash off earlier but is this right?

If so how long would you tell them to wash it off after?

I appreciate any responses! Thanks x

I'm not sure, could you maybe ask one of your friends to trial it and leave it on for maybe 4 hours? Then that's half the normal development time so in my mind that would be a good time to start with? Sorry that's not much help!! X

I'm not sure, could you maybe ask one of your friends to trial it and leave it on for maybe 4 hours? Then that's half the normal development time so in my mind that would be a good time to start with? Sorry that's not much help!! X

Thanks for replying.

My instant thought was to say four hours - it's a nice safe time in the middles just didn't wanted the post shower disappointment if 4 hours isn't quite enough for 14%

Difficult decisions! Anyone tried it?

x

The problem with washing it off sooner is that the tan won't last as long.

Why don't you mix the 14% with a lower percent instead.

14% + 8% = 22 / 2 = 11%
14% + 10% = 24 / 2 = 12%

The problem with washing it off sooner is that the tan won't last as long.

Why don't you mix the 14% with a lower percent instead.

14% + 8% = 22 / 2 = 11%
14% + 10% = 24 / 2 = 12%

Hi can u explain your formula please .I understand that yr adding 14 and 8 to get 22 but where's the 2 come from. I would like to use this in salon in stead of buying loads of bottles .

An easy way to explain is like this:

Half of a 12% is 6
Half of a 14% is 7

Add them together and you've got 13%

I do it all ways so if I used say 1/4 of a 20% that would be 5%
then add 3/4 of a 10 which is 7.5 %
Totally is 12.5%

You can mix all the %'s and u don't have to just do half and half, you can do 1/3's 1/4's whatever as long ad u get the calculation. X

Snaz, baggybear said 22/2 meaning 22 divided by 2. X

I often use Suntana 14% on myself and just leave it for around 4 hours. I get around a 10% result but it lasts a couple of days less than it would leaving it for the full development time.

Latest posts

Back