Can any bakers help me out?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlene1983

Reaction score
Hey everyone
I'm making a disney frozen cake for my sons birthday and I'm using the royal icing to cover the sponge cake. It seems to only be available in white....
I have bought blue good colouring is this right? It's ready to roll so is there a special way I mixing it to turn blue? X

I always buy my coloured royal icing off eBay they do loads of colours .im Not sure about the food colouring , but I've brought a blue paste/gel and have added a few drops at a time and just kneaded the icing until it's blended in but it can take a while you just keep adding a few drops until it's the colour you want

Thank you. I didn't even think to look on eBay for different colour icing. I was just relying on asda haha! And they only stocked white. I will try the drops even if I get it to some kind if pale blue I'd be happy x

Could you dilute it and paint it on to stain the icing, bit random but just a thought x

Wear a pair of gloves so you dont dye your hands.
Roll it out a little (you might need to knead it a little to soften it first) paint some colouring on with a food brush and start folding it in and kneading it. x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Asda do ready to roll coloured icing I used it for my sons ben10 cake.

Hi, you really need a blue food colouring paste to mix into icing, especially ready rolled icing, normal food colouring will make it sticky. I made a frozen cake for my twin girls 3rd birthday this year, I used a tiny bit of blue food colouring paste to get this pale blue. I found its actually cheaper to purchase your ready to roll icing direct from a cake store X

Attachments

• 1399845801575.jpg
    1399845801575.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 169
Hi, you really need a blue food colouring paste to mix into icing, especially ready rolled icing, normal food colouring will make it sticky. I made a frozen cake for my twin girls 3rd birthday this year, I used a tiny bit of blue food colouring paste to get this pale blue. I found its actually cheaper to purchase your ready to roll icing direct from a cake store X
That is AWESOME!

You've got to be kidding me! That cake is amazing!!!!!!

Wow you've got some serious talent :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Lol I wouldn't say talent, I just put lots of extra attention and time because it was for my children, would never have bothered so much if it wasn't lol. I followed step by step instructions from a Disney cake baking magazine, but adapted it slightly to make it into a frozen cake. It's far from perfect but my girls loved it xx

Latest posts

Back