Can any Spanish speaking nail techs help pls?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eob

Reaction score
I work at a small salon in Devon, UK and the salon owner has just called me to say that she has two spanish girls (exchange students) who would like their nails done. The owner said that she thought one was a nail repair and one wanted a set removed and new one applied. She then called me back and said that she thinks it is two new full sets.

Could I just ask how can I check with the girls what they would actually like when I see them tomorrow. I know no Spanish whatsoever (and their english is quite poor) and thought that someone may know. How would I say "remove" or "repair"?

If you can help in anyway, I would be very grateful.

Emma

Will you not be able to tell from the nails hunny?

to remove = the verb quitar (kee-t-ahr)

to repair = the verb reparar (re-pa-rar)

Spanish is spoken phonetically, so the 'a' is as in apple (ah)

hope that helps a bit :wink2:

ValencianNails said:
to remove = the verb quitar (kee-t-ahr)

to repair = the verb reparar (re-pa-rar)

Spanish is spoken phonetically, so the 'a' is as in apple (ah)

hope that helps a bit :wink2:

Or just print Sandi's post and get her to point to the one she wants :lol:

Thanks everyone! Good point Vicki :biggrin: I will look at the nails first and see exactly what needs doing. I'm not thinking logically today !!:D Thanks also Sandi - if I get stuck I will use those words as the owner said (from what she could make out) was that they wanted them removed but if there is no point in removing them then I wont do that and just maintain them.
I will let you know how I get on as I am off to do them shortly!

Thanks again
Emma

my school teachings were half in spanish half in english but i forgot a lil bit
i know that nails=unas and acrylic=acrylico lol

Well guess what guys..... they were RUSSIAN !!! :D So glad I asked before doing it in Spanish!!! I told the owner and she cracked up (after all she was the one who told me they were Spanish).

Thanks for your helps.

Emma :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back