Can any thing help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeldana

Reaction score
ive had a big desater i very stuipidley decided to let my friend talk me in to perm my bleached hair and now its realy bad its been snapping when i comb it it feels like choweing gum when its wet and looks like candy floss when its dry is there anying i can do to repair it other than cutting if off which i realy realy dont want to do

please anyone any advice will be apprechated

Why did you let your friend perm your hair? I did'nt think anyone got perms now a days? I'm not a hairdresser myself but I don't think anything cn correct it. I know you cn get it chemically straightened but this will dry your hair out even more. I very stupidly got a perm when i was about 14 and it took about 2 years to grow out. The only thing would be to cut your hair, to cut the perm out but if your like me you won't want to do that?!?

Sorry not much help x

Is your friend a hairdresser? What does she think about it?

I'm not a hair dresser either lol but my hair went like chewing gum and was snapping after a head colourist from a salon used bleach to take out the wrong colour she had put on my dyed white blonde hair :eek: (was meant to be brown lowlights!) my hair was way down my back had to end up having it cut above my shoulders, but as all hair was damaged I got a keritin leave in spray, weekly moisture hair masks good shampoo & conditioner and the least amount of heat stying possible, I bought a clip in pony tail and tied it up most of the time because I hated my short hair. Probably best to go to a good salon in your area and see if they can do anything, hope you have more luck than me ! :hug: xx

Hi, you have limited choices really , here is all I can think of for now....
you could ask your hairdresser to cut it off for you as it is liable to snap and break off over time where it is permed anyway ,

also do be careful with bleach... because if any bleach product is used on the roots and it comes into contact with
the permed parts again, even whilst shampooing it off ...
it can re weaken the permed parts again ,

you could try intense conditioners and use extension wefts until it grows out again
also try and stay away from the bleach until it grows out a bit ,

but... as I cannot see your hair to assess it you may be better asking a professional hairdresser who can see it for themselves :hug: x minky

thank you everyone for your replyes my friend sort of done a runner when she found out what had happened, i went to a local hairdresser to day and she said the only thing to do is cut it rite back to my jaw line and keep using the hair repair mask i got so crying i booked in for next week realy dont want to have my hair cut but should teach me a lession the hair dresser said i should ban myself from any bleach or home dye kits and go to a hairdresser instead but dont think ill ever be doing anything to my hair again,

realy sad i have to have it all cut off (its just past my sholderblades) but i supose i could get some extensions just not glue in ones and stick with micro rings to save me from any more damage,

let this be a lession to all

stay away from bleach or perms unless you go to a trusted hairdresser

realy sad i have to have it all cut off (its just past my sholderblades) but i supose i could get some extensions just not glue in ones and stick with micro rings to save me from any more damage,
go to a trusted hairdresser

Hi zeldana, all hair extensions are safe to have as long as you go to a professional fully qualified experienced hair extensionist ...then there should be no damage to your natural hair at all, no matter what method is being used :hug: x minky

Latest posts

Back