can anyone help my stained lady

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lesley123

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a lovely lady who comes to me for a weekly manicure, she is a nurse and cannot wear tips ect but on her days off she does like to apply nail colour. She has recently purchased a new one from Avon and was over the moon with the result, however when she removed it a dark pink stain has been left behind. She has telephoned me in tears as she is back on duty at 8am tomorrow. She has tried several attempts with nail varnish remover but it is still there. Has anyone got any ideas? The stain is very dark and covers her whole nail. Any help at all would be great.
Thank-you x

have you tried bubble white fantastic for stained nails. but didn't the lady use a base coat on her nails b4 she applied the nail polish this should elliminate staining on the nails. thg:)

sorry you can get bubble white in most beauty wholesalers, sally's also do it.:)

Hi, thank-you for the reply, yes she did use a base, always does, bio executive base but it still went through. I think I might have some bubble white, she is on her way round to my home so I will let you know if it works.
Thanks again x

Hiya, try givig her a gentle buff with a natural nail soft block. this will help then give her a mini soak and a wipe over with scrubfresh

good luck
jenny

Instead of using polish remover use some of your product remover on a wipe and use it as you would the polish remover,
this will get rid of all stains, sometimes polish remover is not strong enough to remove really strong colours hth :hug:

Hello ladies, my lady has jus left with nice clear clean nails. The Bubble white helped a bit, but in the end I had no choice but to try some soak off and a buff. Not the saturday evening I had planned but Ive got a feeling she wont be the only client to have this problem so thank-you all for the advice.
At least I will know for next time.

x

did you find out what it was....was it the colour change thing ??

Yes, I think it was called changing effects! you apply the first colour coat and then the clear top coat in the area you want to change. She was deligted with the effect, but as you know, its a so and so to get off..
Even with a good base coat the stain was very dark.
Thank-you all for your input and watch this space! something tells me this is going to crop up again..
x

We have had this said on another thread about this new Avon Polish. Will see if I can find it. Now I know what problems it causes I hope my clients will avoid it.

By the way - using a base coat doesnt mean the nails wont stain from the polish. Geeg has done some good posts about this in the past.

I had a tip about steradent tablets (the ones for false teeth).

The tip was in relating to a men's manicure and worked great on a mechanic (sent in the day before his wedding so his hands were ok in the wedding pictures)

They removed oil so might work for nail polish stains?

Orin

Hi!
this happened to me a cuople of years ago and I found that peroxide for eyelash tinting on a q-tip worked in a flash!

Hi!
this happened to me a cuople of years ago and I found that peroxide for eyelash tinting on a q-tip worked in a flash!

Never tried it for that purpose but have you seen what neat peroxide does to your skin!?!?

Latest posts

Back