Can anyone help with this problem?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wonderland

Reaction score
Hi everybody! I have a client who has very damaged and thin nails. We've been trying to fix them for a while now. But lately gel just comes clean off. Attaching the photo. I use brisa and never buff to her actual nail. I do everything same as for others, but her nails just don't hold the gel. It starts coming off after a week or so. Tried shellac, but it came off after few days.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355384871.401939.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355384871.401939.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 392
Your client isn't a good candidate for gels, as a rule of thumb when doing enhancements we need to give the client what their own natural nails are lacking, so as your client has thin weak nails, she should have a harder less flexible coating applied such as L&P.
A client who's nails are hard and brittle are lacking flexibility so they need a product that will give them the flexibility they are missing by using a U.V Gel, such as Brisa.
You should be gently removing the shine from the nail using nothing lower than a 240 grit file.
Both the fact that you are using Brisa on a nail not suitable and also not removing shine will lead to the product peeling off.
But it could also be your P.R.E.P too. Without knowing what steps you are doing iris hardto give a definitive answer.
Jen xx

wow...
i was never taught about l+p for weak flexible nails, and gel for brittle dry nails!! but now hearing this it makes sense really... are there any other ways which you should decide who has what product applied?

sorry for crashing this thread =/

thanks in advance :)

Your client isn't a good candidate for gels, as a rule of thumb when doing enhancements we need to give the client what their own natural nails are lacking, so as your client has thin weak nails, she should have a harder less flexible coating applied such as L&P.
A client who's nails are hard and brittle are lacking flexibility so they need a product that will give them the flexibility they are missing by using a U.V Gel, such as Brisa.
You should be gently removing the shine from the nail using nothing lower than a 240 grit file.
Both the fact that you are using Brisa on a nail not suitable and also not removing shine will lead to the product peeling off.
But it could also be your P.R.E.P too. Without knowing what steps you are doing iris hardto give a definitive answer.
Jen xx
Bbee, I was aware of this info but I think you have explained it beautifully. A lovely way to explain it to clients too.

wow...
i was never taught about l+p for weak flexible nails, and gel for brittle dry nails!! but now hearing this it makes sense really... are there any other ways which you should decide who has what product applied?

sorry for crashing this thread =/

thanks in advance :)
I does make sense when you put it like this, however I have weak, bendy thin nails and I can keep SO and BO gels on and Shellac... So I'm not sure this is ALWAYS the case. I also have clients in the same boat who ate fine with a gel application

Jen xx

Thank you so much! It explains a lot. After the training never did L&P on my clients. Now I want to to go to some refreshment training and start doing it. It is so out of my comfort zone, feel a bit nervous!
You just confirmed my fears, that one day I had to start doing it. Don't know what to say to my clients though. A lot of them hate L&P with passion. Have a lot of clients whose nails been damaged paper thin by using L&P. I don't know if it was the nail tech's fault or a bad product.

Generally it would be a tech who may not be trained properly. If a product is used correctly this shouldn't happen. Paper thin nails happen from over filing. A lot of my clients were like this but once you educate them they are often willing to give it a go. X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Generally it would be a tech who may not be trained properly. If a product is used correctly this shouldn't happen. Paper thin nails happen from over filing. A lot of my clients were like this but once you educate them they are often willing to give it a go. X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I thought so too.thanks. Will try to explain them that the L&P is the only option for them until may be their nails get healthier

No product damages natural nails.

How the natural nails are treated by the 'technician' during prep, application and removal as well as how well the client takes care of her nails (no picking or pulling at the product) will determine whether or not the natural nail surface is affected badly or not.

No ones nails are ever 'ruined' by simply wearing enhancements, of any kind.

Liquid & Powder is most people's (and pro technicians') product of choice as it suits 99% of clients' lifestyles and nail conditions. I don't actually know how anyone who calls themselves a professional full service nail technician can not be offering L&P in their treatments.

If you offer a full service menu, then you must know which type of nail product is best suited to which type of natural nail condition! If you do not know how to make a general diagnosis and prescribe a suitable product-type then you will not be making the best choices for your clients; some or many will have problems which they wouldn't be having if the right diagnosis had been made.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back