Can anyone offer me tips on growing weak, curly hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curly girl

Reaction score
Hi, i've popped over from the beauty forum in the hope of getting some much needed advice. I have been trying to grow my hair for 6 years. As the title states, i have curly hair that seems to snap at the ends and just doesnt grow. When i started growing it 6 years ago it was just off shoulder length and now 6 years on it comes to my shoulders. I use moisture shampoos and conditioners and regularly use a hair mask to try and provide some extra nourishment. I stopped colouring my hair over a year ago to try and improve the condition and only have about 2 inches of the colour left at the ends. I also allow it to dry naturally as much as possible and i dry it with mousse and a hair dryer with diffuser if im going out. My split ends seem to have improved but my hair still doesn't grow. My hair hasnt had a cut since my last colour a year ago. Sorry for the essay. Thanks in advance for any advice given :hug:

Hi regular cuts will encourage growth, alot of people who are growing their hair don't want anything cutting off but you need to have regular trims at least to get rid of the dead hair. :)

I'd say you defo need to keep up with reg trims
Also try the hair,skin and nail vitamins
Try give it a good massage wen conditioning to stimulate hair growth
And try some amargan oil would work great also with ur curly hair :)

Hth Hun :) x

Thanks for your help guys, im willing to try anything! :biggrin:

I'm struggling with my curly hair at the minute but due to prescription drugs I have had to take.... anyway, the best thing I can advise is to get in touch with Matt Surplice... he is on FB. He is the curly hair god and if anyone can help you he can!

Check him out and see what he says... hope you get positive results, nobody other than us curly girls really understand lol x

I agree you could do with having hair trimmed, you may need more protein in your hair to strengthen it, instead of moisture! When you go to your hairdresser ask for a strand test! :)))

Hi do u have a Kerastase Salon near you? I'm in Australia and had a similar problem. I go in fortnightly for a micro mist treatment. My hair gets shampooed, lightly blow dried then the specific treatment gets sprayed onto my hair and I'm put under a funny domed machine that steams my hair before a blastof cold air.
My hair is much stronger and softer too. It's also grown heaps.

Latest posts

Back