Can anyone recommend a good acrylic brush?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
Ive been working with rubbish ones for a while now and its making my job harder and longer and more filing work.

I have previously bought about 5 brushes and chucked them all away as they were rubbish so now i need advice so i dont waste anymore money.

I have a star nails size 8 pointy rounded that i am going to try to sculpt with (something i haven't done since college) hope this one will work for that job but for tip and overly id like a flat edged one, not a flat gel brush, the rounded type with a flat edge when pressed. Hopefully this will help my application hugely.

Thanks

I've only ever used CND brushes, both the size 8 and size 10, and they are lovely quality, great to work with and last for ages...... I know lots of geeks like the EzFlow 508 but I can't comment personally as I haven't used it.

I use the CND #10 and love it.

It is difficult to recommend a brush as we all pick up a feel for our brushes and work with them accordingly!
CND brushes are excellent I used the #8 (formerly Pro styler) for years and loved it, but then tried the EzFlow 508 and was picking up larger beads and having more workability with it....go figure!
I have tried other larger brushes and like a size 10 but I always come back to my EzFlow 508.

I use the CND #8 in a paddle shape. I love it.
Tried the #10 but I'm not grown up enough yet :biggrin:

Love my CND #8! I tend to use mine quite flat and it's perfect for me.

I too am not grown up enough for the #10! ;)
Rhiannon x

has anyone got a link to any vids with these being used? id like to see them working to see if thats how i work.

I use entity brush, although it very expensive (£60) but it lasts me forever! But love CND too x

I like my nsi size 8 but 8 prostyler by Cnd is good and also entity is a lovely brush :)

had a look at a pic of the cnd 8. It looks very round, does the tip it flatten and round off like a gel brush on pressure? (that is very hard to explain what i mean lol)

had a look at a pic of the cnd 8. It looks very round, does the tip it flatten and round off like a gel brush on pressure? (that is very hard to explain what i mean lol)

When you get a new brush you need to 'train' it to the way you like to work. Like I said in my previous post, I like to work fairly flat, so when you get your new brush after separating the hairs dip your brush into the monomer and use as much pressure as you would when about to pick up a bead along the edge of your dappen dish. Do this for a few minutes and your brush will 'remember'.

Does that make any sense? Sorry I'm not very good at explaining things!
Rhiannon x

erm, not to me hun lol x

Is this the brush that some of you have recommended? :
CND Creative Nail Brush Acrylic Round # 8

I used my sculpting star nails brush today sculpt and couldnt work with it to sculpt at all! it didnt flatten on pressure so thats another waste of money.

And i had a rubbish cheap much flatter shaped one and that was too flat and held too much liquid.

Help! need one asap a cross between the above 2 x

The Nsi number 8 with the metal handle is a very good brush and a good price. About £25. Gemma Lambert from the Nail Team sells them cheaper than the website too.

erm, not to me hun lol x

Lol sorry hun, I don't know how else to explain it. I'm not very good with words. Can anyone help me out with what I mean here?
Rhiannon x

The CND #8 is made to be used in a flat paddle shape. This is how I use it.

When you get a brush (i think what Rhiannon may be trying to say (?)) is once you've removed the gum dip it in clean monomer, wipe out the liquid on the side of your dappen dish as you usually would to drain the brush, then when you dry it, dry it on the lint free towel pressing out the liquid and shaping it as you would like it- so flat.
Shape it when you dry it after using it each time and use it in the flat paddle shape and it will become trained to work in the shape you wish.

The CND #8 is made to be used in a flat paddle shape. This is how I use it.

When you get a brush (i think what Rhiannon may be trying to say (?)) is once you've removed the gum dip it in clean monomer, wipe out the liquid on the side of your dappen dish as you usually would to drain the brush, then when you dry it, dry it on the lint free towel pressing out the liquid and shaping it as you would like it- so flat.
Shape it when you dry it after using it each time and use it in the flat paddle shape and it will become trained to work in the shape you wish.

Yes that's what I was trying to explain! Lol thanks Chocolatepickle!
Rhiannon x

right ok but i just need to clarify, is cnd 8 round brush the one i want if i need it to work flat at the end, like kind of oval? i like the round brush in the middle but i like to to press flat into a oval at the end. Right now i have a round star nails sculptor brush but that doesnt press flat/oval at the end it just spreads out and stays pointy when applying pressure.

(so hard to explain) x

right ok but i just need to clarify, is cnd 8 round brush the one i want if i need it to work flat at the end, like kind of oval? i like the round brush in the middle but i like to to press flat into a oval at the end. Right now i have a round star nails sculptor brush but that doesnt press flat/oval at the end it just spreads out and stays pointy when applying pressure.

(so hard to explain) x

Yes! That is how I work.
It is rounded at the belly but flattens out so you can work with the flags spread flat.

Latest posts

Back