Can Ezflows regular polymer be used with HD monomer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitkat68

Reaction score
I was GOING TO TRY IT BUT THOUGHT i WOULD ASK FIRST!

i was told by one of the ezflow educators that the hd powders can be used with q monomer so maybe its ok the other way around

i was told by one of the ezflow educators that the hd powders can be used with q monomer so maybe its ok the other way around
that is correct, remember your mix ratio!

Yes you can...but just because you can doesn't necessarily mean you should!!

Would you benefit from doing this?.........I don't think so!!

The HD system does give you so many benefits when you use it, you get High Definition additives time released through smart POLYMER technology. These being plasticisers and optical brighteners. Plasticisers being released over time extends the performance of the enhancement and the optical brighteners maintain and enhance the colour.

To get all these benefits you need to use the HD monomer with the HD polymers.

I have used the HD cover pink polymer with Q monomer to extend nailbeds and it works a treat....but it does set up faster!!

I know your wholesaler has switched over to HD only and maybe you have A polymer left to use up with some HD monomer you have now purchased, but I think it would be worth your while to get a sample pack of HD and see the difference working with the full system before you make any judgements on it.
As ABsolutely Fab has said remeber the mix ratio is 1:1 for HD.
HTH

Yes you can...but just because you can doesn't necessarily mean you should!!

Would you benefit from doing this?.........I don't think so!!

The HD system does give you so many benefits when you use it, you get High Definition additives time released through smart POLYMER technology. These being plasticisers and optical brighteners. Plasticisers being released over time extends the performance of the enhancement and the optical brighteners maintain and enhance the colour.

To get all these benefits you need to use the HD monomer with the HD polymers.

I have used the HD cover pink polymer with Q monomer to extend nailbeds and it works a treat....but it does set up faster!!

I know your wholesaler has switched over to HD only and maybe you have A polymer left to use up with some HD monomer you have now purchased, but I think it would be worth your while to get a sample pack of HD and see the difference working with the full system before you make any judgements on it.
As ABsolutely Fab has said remeber the mix ratio is 1:1 for HD.
HTH

Thanks for the info. I am not crazy about the HD system as it has to be "pressed" into the nail in order to work. I am used to the "drop the ball and let it flow" meathod which cannot be done using the HD system. You are correct, I have the HD monomer in the house, and regular EZflow polymer, lol! By the way has everyone's wholesaler switched to HD only, or did you read one of my other threads about this? Is EZflow slowly discontinuing their Qmonomer? I have since started to order it online though not happy with the fact that it only has a screw on top with no seal :( Well thanks for your help! :green:

Thanks for the info. I am not crazy about the HD system as it has to be "pressed" into the nail in order to work. I am used to the "drop the ball and let it flow" meathod which cannot be done using the HD system. You are correct, I have the HD monomer in the house, and regular EZflow polymer, lol! By the way has everyone's wholesaler switched to HD only, or did you read one of my other threads about this? Is EZflow slowly discontinuing their Qmonomer? I have since started to order it online though not happy with the fact that it only has a screw on top with no seal :( Well thanks for your help! :green:

I was taught with the ordinary EZFlow L&P to press the product down, what do you mean by "drop the ball and let it flow"? With regards to the seal, I used to buy direct from the suppliers shop in Norway and the bottles didn't have a seal.

I have never heard of that????:irked: can you explain abit more?

Were you trained with Ezflow ?

Perhaps you should contact Ezflow direct, seems you have lots of questions.

The suppliers would be able to help you out heaps, one phonecall and it would all be done.

Thanks for the info. I am not crazy about the HD system as it has to be "pressed" into the nail in order to work. I am used to the "drop the ball and let it flow" meathod which cannot be done using the HD system. You are correct, I have the HD monomer in the house, and regular EZflow polymer, lol! By the way has everyone's wholesaler switched to HD only, or did you read one of my other threads about this? I read it in you other thread...
Is EZflow slowly discontinuing their Qmonomer? NO they are not, as far as I am aware, as Anthony Buckley(EzFlow Global Educator) said in another of your threads. Q monomer is the most popular EzFlow monomer.
I have since started to order it online though not happy with the fact that it only has a screw on top with no seal :( Well thanks for your help! :green:

I also am a bit confused by the drop and flow method...I have never used a system, including EzFlow that you did not press & smooth onto the nail.

thats more the tammy taylor method isnt it ?

i believe you use tt powders with ezflow monomer sometimes though ?

Yes, Tammy Taylor's meathod is to let the ball flow and then stroke it out. I have found that this works with any system that I use, except the HD system because it is so dry it has to be patted around. Also, the HD system will not adhere to the nail plate correctly if you don't press it. Maybe "drop" was the wrong word to use. I actually press the bead onto the nail, let it flow and smooth it out. I like to use products that work for me instead of against me in the fact that it levels itself out a bit. I do have to work with my brush too, it's not like majic or anything! lol :green:

I've on trained with EzFlow and not anything else so I dont know how well it works to carry a techinique from one system to the other but shouldn't you ideally always use the method correct for each system? Other wise if you start having problems how do you resolve it?

I've on trained with EzFlow and not anything else so I dont know how well it works to carry a techinique from one system to the other but shouldn't you ideally always use the method correct for each system? Other wise if you start having problems how do you resolve it?
very good point.

Yes that is a good point. Thank you

very good point for ezflow products to work how you want them to i'm thinking you work quiet wet, this is not going to do your workany favours hun if i were you i would stick to 1 product that you like to most i am unsure why you need to work with 2 different brands?

Latest posts

Back