Can I have a moan and maybe get some advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done hunny, we all understand that would have taken a lot of courage to stand up and speak out.:hug:

I feel that when your so called friend starts paying her friend to work in the salon on a full time basis, she will then understand the financial implications of what she was asking you to do.

I am sure she will regret how she treated you. I just hope she treats her stylists better or she will end up working on her own!!! She does not seem very business minded at all.:rolleyes:

I have a meeting with the salon owner on Saturday and I have written everything down that I want to say.

She called me today and asked me to sort out a set of nails that her friend did on a client that has gone horribly wrong. She has given the client a full refund and has told her that I will soak them off and do a full set free of charge!!! Would have been nice if she asked me first!!

I'll post again and let you know how it goes

xxx
don't forget to charge the salon owner then as it's your time and your products ,, cheeky cow !

Don't do it. I think this owner is certainly taking the P..... out of you. First wanting you to reduce your prices by £10.00 per set of nails and then expecting you to replace a set of nails FOC which you didn't do originally.

I had a similar experience a couple of years ago. I went into a Beauty salon that was just starting up. I also paid 20%, and provided all my own products. The problem I has was it was all the owners friends who were coming in for nails originally, and then she would say "Oh, she's a friend, so it's £5.00 discount", so at £25.00 for a set less 20% then another £5.00, I was only earning approx £15.00 per set. They tried telling me I could do a set in an hour, and I told then no, but they still booked then in regardless. Oh, and the days I wasn't there they were messing around with all my products "just having a go", so I just wne in one day and packed my car and told them I was leaving, as their attitude and lack or respect for my products was unacceptable. I had to bin all my acrylic powder and liquid as it could have been contaminated. The owner was not best pleased as she had bookings, but I just told her to sort it out herself.

I have since heard through the grapevine, that the owner did a 2 day course in nails and now has a certificate that covers her for Acrylic, Gel, Fibrelass/silk & tip & dip, not to mention manicure and pedicure - no that's very worrying, as it's taken me 5 years to achieve the relevant qualifications to do the same.

I now work from a small studio in my home and have a regular client base and I'm a lot happier bing my own boss, as I decide the charges and make the rules.

It's very hard to lower prices (unless you offering a special offer for a period of time) and then increase them at a later date.

This is your earnings that she is asking you to take a cut in, and that's not fair - would she half her prices?

If I was you, I would go mobile or set up from home if possible, I think you will find you would be a lot happier than having to deal with all this nonsense.

Good luck:):):):)

Angelina221 i agree with u & those stupid salons.

There's one near me run all by chinese people they dont talk to you they just show you picture's and you move along the line after each stage and someone else does u.
i paid £26 and they wern't even that good they looked fab but they went discoloured and my airbrushed french polish came off in water cos they dint put a top coat on they shoved my hands in a uv lamp n my hands were burning like mad.
a few days later i knocked my nails and omg i screamed like mad i went straight to nails inc in debenhams white rose and got them to take it off cos i thought it had severly damanged my natural nail never been so scared or in so much pain.

surprise surprise this salon also use MMA.

back onto the £20 a set how are you ment to earn money.
By the time you've paid tax,insurance, covered price of your products, paid your 20% not only arn't you going to be getting any profit but your going to be loosing money.

Latest posts

Back