can i have some advice on leaflets plz

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allieXayrshire

Reaction score
hi

im looking to do some leaflets and get them out asap but wondered if anyone can recommend somewhere good to have them done?

I was also looking for advice as to what to put on them, i do my price lists and posters myself on cream card and am quite happy with these so wouldnt be looking for a price list leaflet just an advertising kind of thing with my next months and xmas special offer on them, would this b ok?

Id like to list all the treatments i do and thought i could put some prices on like Nail extensions from etc etc but dont want to list absolutely every price . if i put the special offers on too would this make the leaflet too busy? hope someone can help thanks xx

I've had some done by a company local to me. I had A5 or A6, I can't remeber now. Both size's colour, on one side I had a bit about me and the treatment's I do and on the other I had special offer's, it worked really well.

Why not ring around some of your local printing companies, they design and you'll get them quicker as no postage etc.

printing.com have branches around and they are normally pretty good.

thanks for ur reply, printing.com have a good deal 5000 double sided a5 for £99 can pick up in 3 days and their not far away. but i have another question lol how do they get designed do i do that myself and email them it or contact another company for design xx

thats me sorted they do design too. thanks!! xx

I was just going to say they design as well. you just give them the info. have my logo and background and I give it to people they I give them the info,,,,, I did do it all up once but they wanted it in a different format,,,,,confused.com!!!!!!!!
So much easier when other's can do it.

Good luck
enjoy the leaflet drop lol

Kerry

Just be careful of the little added extras the likes of Printing.com add on to the price. They charge you for just putting files into their system and call it a "file handling" charge....and it all adds up.

If you want some ideas of what other people (mostly Salon Geekers) are putting on their leaflets- there are dozens here

Last edited:
why don't you want to list your prices? have you got something to hide? :p that's the 1st thing i think of as a client 'what are they hiding and why?' and then i'll assume you don't want to give me your prices because you are way way expensive and want to sucker me in before springing huge prices on me! lol :D

as a client i hate seeing 'phone for prices', 'phone for times' 'prices from...'. please just give us the info that we want lol (what treatments you offer and what they are done with, your prices and your opening times) and then let us phone you once we have the information we need to make a decision weather to book or not. don't make us phone you, write stuff down (after faffing around looking for a pen) and then phone you back when we've decided if it's suiitable or not. it wastes your time and wastes our time :(

could you not make a simple price list? i dunno if that's a rubbish idea or not? what i mean is instead of listing all the extras you do for nails eg. repair and rebalance etc just list a full set price? lashes just list a full price set not the price of infills after however many weeks? you don't offer that many variations of treatments (for eg. i could only see 1 manicure and 1 pedicure - not like several different price tiers) and the waxing is really simple as you offer just 6 different areas - no mention of mens waxing or intimate waxing etc etc) so surely you could fit all the treatments on one side if you didn't add the extras? infills for nails and lashes you could always mention on the phone when people book and of course you will mention them anyway in the appointment as they are part of aftercare/maintenance.

on the leaflet you could always make a note of your website and if you treat men then say something along the lines of all treatments suitable for men too. x

edited to add: didn't even realise i hadn't once mentioned double sided leaflets! *rolls eyes* silly me. well that's what i meant 1 side for your offers and 1 side with a simple price list on. and then at the bottom in smaller writing the men and website thing. i don't think that would be way too busy and you are getting offers out, and a price list aswell as advertising you cater to men (if you do) and also getting your website add out there so that's like oooh several birds with 1 stone :D x

Last edited:
I think she said she already had a price list Miss Confused- It's all in the name eh? :) But, I agree- its best to have some prices on there (even if they're the most popular ones as a sampler) on one side and the offers on the other- you're ticking lots of boxes that way.

A lot of my clients are using sensecreative now, and they're offering 5000 double sided A5 leaflets for £90. (dont worry im not affiliated with them! lol- I just recommend them as they're one the few printing companies I've never had gip from)

why don't you want to list your prices? have you got something to hide? :p that's the 1st thing i think of as a client 'what are they hiding and why?' and then i'll assume you don't want to give me your prices because you are way way expensive and want to sucker me in before springing huge prices on me! lol :D

as a client i hate seeing 'phone for prices', 'phone for times' 'prices from...'. please just give us the info that we want lol (what treatments you offer and what they are done with, your prices and your opening times) and then let us phone you once we have the information we need to make a decision weather to book or not. don't make us phone you, write stuff down (after faffing around looking for a pen) and then phone you back when we've decided if it's suiitable or not. it wastes your time and wastes our time :(

could you not make a simple price list? i dunno if that's a rubbish idea or not? what i mean is instead of listing all the extras you do for nails eg. repair and rebalance etc just list a full set price? lashes just list a full price set not the price of infills after however many weeks? you don't offer that many variations of treatments (for eg. i could only see 1 manicure and 1 pedicure - not like several different price tiers) and the waxing is really simple as you offer just 6 different areas - no mention of mens waxing or intimate waxing etc etc) so surely you could fit all the treatments on one side if you didn't add the extras? infills for nails and lashes you could always mention on the phone when people book and of course you will mention them anyway in the appointment as they are part of aftercare/maintenance.

on the leaflet you could always make a note of your website and if you treat men then say something along the lines of all treatments suitable for men too. x

I don't publish prices on leaflets just because if I have loads left over and my prices/offers change I can't use them later on. Seems a waste of money to me.

That said if I knew ALL leaflets were going to go out, I'd think about putting my prices on there - but even then I'd have to have a "valid until" date I think... I'd hate to publish leaflets with prices and then have a client turn up three years later having found one stashed away in their kitchen drawer and expect it to still be valid. (Although of course, you'd just do it, but still I'd find that annoying.)

I think she said she already had a price list Miss Confused- It's all in the name eh? :) But, I agree- its best to have some prices on there (even if they're the most popular ones as a sampler) on one side and the offers on the other- you're ticking lots of boxes that way.

A lot of my clients are using sensecreative now, and they're offering 5000 double sided A5 leaflets for £90. (dont worry im not affiliated with them! lol- I just recommend them as they're one the few printing companies I've never had gip from)

i meant make it simple so that she could get it all on the one leaflet without it looking too busy! :D i thought i'd said double sided :\ ugh. i'm so silly. x

Last edited:
I don't publish prices on leaflets just because if I have loads left over and my prices/offers change I can't use them later on. Seems a waste of money to me.

That said if I knew ALL leaflets were going to go out, I'd think about putting my prices on there - but even then I'd have to have a "valid until" date I think... I'd hate to publish leaflets with prices and then have a client turn up three years later having found one stashed away in their kitchen drawer and expect it to still be valid. (Although of course, you'd just do it, but still I'd find that annoying.)

i could imagine that would be higly annoying, though i'm sure it would get a giggle when you explained to them that it was infact several years old! :D

from the clients side though i would much much rather have prices printed there for me to see (even if it was a price valid until such and such a date) it's such a pain having to follow stuff up kwim? and i know i'm not the only female in the world who has like a million and one things to do before even thinking of themselves so it's just another thing to add to the never ending list lol :D x

I don't publish prices on leaflets just because if I have loads left over and my prices/offers change I can't use them later on. Seems a waste of money to me

I guess the moral is...don't have any left over! get them out there working for you! :)

Hey there

I don't think you need to worry about printing.com charging file checking...as they are doing the design for you! You aren't supplying the design!

Plus, they don't just "add it" its your choice if you want it or not. If you have a professional designer supplying the files, you won't need their file checking service.

From my experience, the quality of print and GUARANTEED turnaround (turnaround, what most printers mess people about with) and actually being able to speak to someone face to face rather than just online wins it for me.

I'm sure you will be more than happy, i have used them for 5 years now.

Look out for their monthly offers, they come in handy!

Good Luck! x

Hi Allie,

I also got a really good price from a company in Largs. I'll google them and see if I can find them.

Unless you have already got Duncan to do them?

the thing i liked abiout printing.com is they have one quite local to me so i can pick them up in person but i will shop around and look at the suggestions

i think i will put some prices on i know what u mean i like to see prices too but didnt want the leaflet to be a price list as such as i already have these.

I think a lot of people dont know im there and ive never done a leaflet drop before so im not exactly sure what to put on it. Id like to put my November offer and then my xmas offer but then if i put offers the leaflets will be out of date if i dont get them all out.

Would 5000 be too many to get out in time for xmas offer do u think , its so confusing i cant decide what should be on it xx

Nope, I don't think it'd be too many. You'll be surprised how quick you run out if you plan to get your trainers on and target some areas.

5,000 is plenty. I won't order anything less, the more you order the cheaper it is.

Stick your ipod on. get someone to help you and if you have kids get them running around too.

I know people that order 100 or 500 from vistaprint at a time, one works out expensive but they then get disappionted when then don't get many calls. I found that spending a good few day's, and evening delievering I got a get response.

I have done it twice in the last year and will do it again after xmas.

Good luck.

I don't think 5k is too much at all..

Carry them in your bag give them to everyone you meet

Put them in local shops, centres etc... and of course the door to door drop, give them to your mates to give to their mates and family etc

you will find 5k costs less than say 2k anyway!

Good luck with it

Latest posts

Back