Can i make this work............HELP!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelleymclapo

Reaction score
Hi all, First a lil bit about me.....

Im 26, Just qualified in level 2 nail tech, pedicure and eye treatments. My 'day job' is as a community care assistant/care co-ordinator. I have just (yesterday) broke up with my boyfriend of 10 years...and i have a six year old daughter x My job is 60 hours, and due to my change in circumstance i may have to leave.

Ive been doing bits of mobile work, mainly nails, and now im thinking should i just take the plunge and rent a table, and go it alone.
Renting a table in a salon is appealing to me because i no longer have access to a car.
So i would like your advise....Can you really make a living renting a table?? If i have to leave my job I would ike to know ive got a good back-up, that i can keep me and my baby with.....Thats the point in learning a new skill right???
Whats annoying me now is ive been offered to rent 2 desks and turned them down cos i couldnt commit x
Im sorry to rant, but i dont want to leave the industry im in then jump in with two feet and fail lol x What do you think?

Thank you for any help and advise you can give me with regard to renting also...

Shelley xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi
Things may seem abit up in the air for you at the moment, hence why you have all these questions spinning around in your head.

There are advisors that will guuide you through your options - and remember they are YOUR options not theirs - so do whats right for you, not them - money isnt everything and working very long hours so you become tired irritable and unsociable isnt everything also- you need a balance and you can acheive it.

I would write down priorities and how your going to deal with them i.e childcare in holidays as your daughters 6, Rent/ Mortgage, Bills etc, then contact the appropriate agencies if you feel you need to.

If its any consilation Im sure many Geeks have found themselves in similar situations over the years, its never easy but look logically, think outside the box and dont be told you need to do this or that you have transferable skills .....you have to do whats right for you and your daughter who is still very young.

Hi,

Sounds like a really stressful situation. Teresa has given really good advice, I'd just like to add that maybe before making major decisions you should take a little while to let things settle and think things over. So when you make your decisions you have a good clear focused head and you are acting on practical business decisions rather than emotion. Just a wee thought.

Hope things work out for the best for you.

Clare

Latest posts

Back