Can I prepig with coloured mousse before colour sync?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiatia22

Reaction score
I was talking to the matrix helpline today asking if I should prepig before coloring porous white bleached hair to an 8. She said yes I would if it was that light. She said apply 8 g with developer wash off after 15 mins apply 8n to hair, this is not cost effective and my clients couldn't afford that, could I just apply. Colored mousse dry in and apply 8 n and some 8 g if needed. ?!
Also just bought indolla mousse then read it has metallic salts in...darn it

Affinage have got a quick pig spray? But yeah i dont see why you cant use the mousse...

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Affinage have got a quick pig spray? But yeah i dont see why you cant use the mousse...

Is the quick pig spray good? Which is your favorite, that, or perfecton, colored mousse,or mixtone and water?

Is the quick pig spray good? Which is your favorite, that, or perfecton, colored mousse,or mixtone and water?

Id probably use perfecton given the choice.... the spray is ok have to use alot though x

Yes if its a semi/demi color & not a 1 shot wash out after 1 shampoo kind of deal.The hair must be completly dry after pre-pigging b4 target base is applied to enure even porocity & that the pre-pig is fully bonded to the porous hair.

Some advise being a chem tech with 20 years ep though 4 you is that a tint back is a corrective coloring service which costs more because more time & product is needed for this type of service. It was their choice to strip their hair blond so they must pay the price to change it back to N or darker. When done properly with a general professional color line, timed properly,shampooed out & blowdried, This is a 1X price adjustment as an extra 1-1.5 hours of your time is needed to preform such a task.Your product cost plus time must be calculated into the price quote for these services. A properly done tint back saves your value as a stylist in the future, lasts longer, no stress for future coloring concerns from quick fadeouts & or muddy/flat colors etc. Its worth the extra cost to use quality color on your clients hair just explaine it's a 1x cost for the right way to get it done or in the long run they will be spending more money having to come in quicker for color re-freshers not to mention the proper process is overall, healthier for their hair too.

Indola has metallic salts in it?! Are you absolutely sure? I don't think so

Indola has metallic salts in it?! Are you absolutely sure? I don't think so

I read it on here by two different hairdressers. Do you think its OK then?

I used to use matrix and was always told by the rep that no pre pig was needed when using colorsync.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I read it on here by two different hairdressers. Do you think its OK then?
Yes I do

Aqua, Butane, Propane, Propylene Glycol, VP/VA Copolymer, 4-Hydroxypropylamino-3-Nitrophenol, Polyquatemium-11, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Benzoate, Polyquaternium-4, Cetrimonium Chloride, Isobutane, Quatemium-52, Glycerin, Panthenol, N"N"-Bis(2-Hydroxyethyl)-2-Nitro-p-Phenylenediamine, Pentane, Parfum, Lactic Acid, Red 33, Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Citric Acid

I used to use matrix and was always told by the rep that no pre pig was needed when using colorsync.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

There's no consistency in hairdressing, one says one thing one says another. She said because its highly bleached and porous best to pre pigment. I did a test cutting but it went a ashy violet shade, so think I'm gonna pre pig.

Yes I do

Aqua, Butane, Propane, Propylene Glycol, VP/VA Copolymer, 4-Hydroxypropylamino-3-Nitrophenol, Polyquatemium-11, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Benzoate, Polyquaternium-4, Cetrimonium Chloride, Isobutane, Quatemium-52, Glycerin, Panthenol, N"N"-Bis(2-Hydroxyethyl)-2-Nitro-p-Phenylenediamine, Pentane, Parfum, Lactic Acid, Red 33, Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Citric Acid

What is this? The mouse ingredients?

There's no consistency in hairdressing, one says one thing one says another. She said because its highly bleached and porous best to pre pigment. I did a test cutting but it went a ashy violet shade, so think I'm gonna pre pig.

Well there are several ways to reach a shade. There is no right or wrong as long as it works and the hair stays intact.

What made u think there were metallic salts in it?

I saw a hairdresser comment that she banned it at her salon as someone's hair turned green, she said it had metallic salts in. If you google indola metallic salts salon geek you will see it . just scared me x

Yep I do it all the time. :) you can dry the mousse in and apply target shade over the top

Latest posts

Back