Can I use a thin coat of Brisa POW & set 10sec, then 2nd coat 2 min?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franjess

Reaction score
I use the Brisa paint on white gels to put over acrylic for french. I have taken the POW out of the bottle and put it in a container made for gels (a pretty Gold so it stand out), because it goes on to thick for me with the bottle brush. Then I use my Brisa gel brush to paint smile, works great but I like to do two thin coats sometimes. I think the instructions say to cure 2 min. between each coat, but if I do 1st coat thin & set 10 sec. & then do 2nd coat & cure 2 min. seem to work nicely and doesn't look so thick, then I put Intence Seal IBD on over top. When I use Brisa as a sealer are you suppose to buff after taking tacky stuff off (forgot the name) because it seem to pick up color off cloths? I love INTENSE SEAL you don't have to take off sticky or buff. Does Brisa have something like that? Also IBD is a good self leveling buff off gel. Brisa doesnt't seem to level as much but I like it, just different applacation. IBD colors seem to go on Little thick (but I think it was old) and I still had to add two coats. Brisa goes on in one coat somtimes depends on color and not thick.

Last edited:
There is reason why it's said in the instructions to cure every coat of POW for 2 min.POW is highly pigmented gel (Titanium Dioxide is what makes it so white) and it takes 2 min for UV rays to completely cure each layer(of course if you are using Brisa UV light).
Once your layers are cured, you don't have to wipe the inhibition layer,you can go straight to Brisa Top Gloss.

:eek: Oh when i only set 1st coat for 10 sec. and try to paint 2nd coat over that I have to stroke lightly with the brush or youll get the underneath coat to crease and move causing a shadow. Thats why they want you to cure 2 min. between each coat. lol:) I still do it because it works most of the time for me so far. I just started doing Brisa Gels so just learning. I haven't been to class yet, waiting for it to come in my area. :eek:

Doing this will probably result in undercuring and can lead to product breakdown, it really would be better to cure each layer, however thin, for 2 minutes - HTH

Thanks good advice. Hope CND has some classes here in michigan soon. I called and I guess I just missed one. :cry:

Latest posts

Back