Can I use i-tips as prebonded extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glammymammy

Reaction score
Ladies I was fitting a client with some i-tip hair that she already had from a previous micro-ring install. She already had prebonded hair in so I just used the i-tips in the same way as I would u-tips. Just melted the keratin and roller.

I found these bonds to be much neater than u-tips so I was wondering is it okay to use i-tips in this way or will there be problems with shedding etc.??

Just curious if anyone uses the i-tips like this as I would like to use them this way in the future instead if u-tips as I preferred the look.

What are your favourite prebonded tips to use?
Many thanks x

As long as there is enough of a bond to make a good seal and not shed then there is no reason you cannot. It is all the same stuff :lol:

I never use the amount of resin/adhesive on a regular tip.... but I do make sure that it is thoroughly worked through the natural hair and is properly sealed around the section. Never had any issues but do have lovely small neat bonds :lol:

x

Great thanks for the advice I will certainly be using them again when I melted them they basically flattened anyway so I suppose your right its all the same keratin ;)

Cheers x

Like I said, as long as you work it through well and pay attention to the seal then all is good... plus your clients will thank you for the beautiful neatness of a smaller bond x

Latest posts

Back