can medicines cause lifting?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new2this

Reaction score
Hi, I have a problem with my 71 year old mums nails.
They won't stay on!!! :irked: After 4 or 5 days they start to 'ping' off. I don't have a problem with anyone elses and wondered if its to do with her medicines or age. Shes definately not picking them off as theres no trauma to the nail plate at all. She takes strong painkillers for arthritis and tablets for thyroid problems. Has anyone else come across this with older ladies or certain tablets? :eek:

hi im on tablets for my thyroid and i find i can only just get a week out of my nails .. and thats if its a good week. ... ive had a few clients who are the same...but i had known people who take thyroid tablets and have no problem....but i know medication can definatly effect nails xx

Thanks for the reply. Its good to know that other people have this problem as you do begin to think its something your doing wrong!!! :hug:

Yes, medicines and health conditions can cause lifting.

According to what I was taught, medication, recent surgeries (due to anesthetic remaining in the body for months afterward), hormone fluctuations, body chemistry in general can all affect how a product will "take."

I have clients whose resin manicures have lasted 6 weeks, I had one the other day who claims to have had it "pop off" the next darn day (*grr*).

Latest posts

Back