Can someone please explain how I use this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YummyMummy2014

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1411200924.723652.jpg
I ordered a nail art stamping kit off ebay to see what it was like and have a practice- it's arrived, typical ebay style no info or instructions and I have absolutely no idea how to use it
Can anyone help?
I thought it was going to be stencils that you place over the nail but it's these engraved disks-ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1411201048.628041.jpg

Thanks!!

Paint with polish over the top of the design you want, make sure it's well covered. Take the scraper and scrape along the top of the plate to remove excess polish, place the stamp over the top of the design in a rolling motion and apply it the same way to the nail in a rolling motion.
If my explanation is crap just type 'how to use konad stamping kit' into youtube.

-Paint nails in desired base colour, let dry.
-Paint/dab polish in a different colour over the pattern on the engraved disc you want to use.
-Scrape over disc with the scraper to remove excess polish.
-Roll one of the ends of the rubber ended stick over the pattern to pick up the polish on the pattern.
-Roll the rubber tip over your nail to transfer the pattern.
Hope this helps :)

Sarah R on YouTube does some great stamping tutorials. She is a geek on this site too. 😊

Thanks I'll try it out later!!

Right I'm trying it- I'm making a mess
When I scrape the stamp I'm getting big smear-smudgy bits of colour around the shape and when I go to stamp it it's a big blobby mess!
I've tried normal polish and now I'm trying gel polish
Any tips?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1411207791.048663.jpg
Here is an example of after I've scraped

Right I'm trying it- I'm making a mess
When I scrape the stamp I'm getting big smear-smudgy bits of colour around the shape and when I go to stamp it it's a big blobby mess!
I've tried normal polish and now I'm trying gel polish
Any tips?

From what I've read, apparently you have to use special stamping polish as normal and gel polish are too runny!

Hi, i bought a kit at professional beauty last yr it looks very similar only the plate was square i can use any polish with it.... Did you take the clear film off the plate i was caught with it didnt realise it was there (silly off me)was very hard to get off. I should have said nail polish not gel polish!!!

Gel polish doesn't work well with stamping. Its too thin.

I use konad and barry m foil effect polishes. There is an amazing polish called Mundo De Unas but I haven't tried it.

There are loads of stamping threads on here so take a look. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

You have to use special polishes! Although 4 of 'The Special' pokishes from Barry M work. Do not go buying their regular polishes though, as they wouldn't work! (Barry M's special colours are Gold, silver, pink & lilac. Their pink though I dislike as it is pale)..

Ah ok thanks I had no idea!

I'm going to be cheeky here, looking at yr first uploaded picture....
Well I think you may be a little young to be doing nails, but obviously very advanced being able to use computer!

Well......it is saturday :)

Lol I've just got a strange small left hand! A bit embarrassing really!!

Latest posts

Back