can u use different brand colour & developer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ditzy

Reaction score
Couple of questions, as college is finished for the summer and I'm between tutors:irked:

Can you use a different brand of colour than developer? I have both XP100 and goldwell products, but my 3% developer is XP100, and my 6% and 9% developers are both goldwell topchic. Can I use topchic colour with XP100 developer and vice versa?

Also, if I were using XP100 colour and developer (to dye brown hair black), but wanted to add a little red for a blonde streak (to stop it going green), can I mix in some topchic red, or should I stick to XP100?

Thanks guys, I know not to mix brands when doing nail extensions, but not sure if you can do it with hair colours.:hug:

hi
I always use warehouses own peroxide with what ever make of colour i'm using cos it's cheaper than buying brand developer, so yes you can use whatever developer with whatever brands. i've never had any probs !
also i mix different brands of colour together and that's always ok too, but never semi's with permanent etc. you mentioned the blond streak why dont you just put neat 6.66 or similar over the blonde before putting on black tint, this works for me.
hth

I always use the wholesalers own brand peroxide too:)

i use wholesale own peroxide but wudnt mix brands of colour tubes together. . wud be scared haha i stick to wella all the way. .

well shucks, looks like I coulda saved some money then! Oh well, at least I feel much better about using the different brands together.

Thanks guys, that's great!!

what happens if u mix semi and permanent together? apart from it not being semi anymore?1

if u mix semi colour wit permanant peroxide it isnt good, but u can mix koleston wit semi developer for a colour rinse or like to brighten old colour back up , .

Latest posts

Back