Can you believe this!! E-bay again...What a laugh!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artymarty

Young at heart geek
Reaction score
I have just been having a look at the nail stuff on E-bay and came across this:-:rolleyes:

NEW!!! SOFT PAWS CLAWS nail Guards for Cats! RUGS SOFA

Item number: 300012400105http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-SOFT-PAWS...5QQihZ020QQcategoryZ57237QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

A bit like nail extensions for cats!! :smack: They are supposed to stop your cat from clawing the furniture etc., but they are applied to the cats own claws with.....glue!! There are loads of different colours too.

There are four pictures with instructions on how to apply them. The last one made me laugh....."Step 4, observe cat for 5 minutes!!!" WHY? Perhaps it's in case the cat starts to "pick at" the nail extensions..LOL....or....perhaps it may not like that particular colour......or..........it might be superglued to the floor!

Whatever next!:wink2: Go on, take a look......you know you want to!

Martine x

artymarty said:

Item number: 300012400105

The last one made me laugh....."Step 4, observe cat for 5 minutes!!!" WHY? Perhaps it's in case the cat starts to "pick at" the nail extensions..LOL....or....perhaps it may not like that particular colour......or..........it might be superglued to the floor!

My tummy hurts from laughing, that really brightened up my day.:biggrin:

I have seen these....they are supposed to be much more humane that de-clawing them.......I have heard they are hard to stay put though and require maintenence....:irked:

I didn't look at the listing, but the thing is, if your cat goes outdoors for any portion of the day, you're not supposed to touch their claws (trim, de-claw, or whatever these things are on eBay) because they cannot climb if they've been tampered with, and if they can't climb then they can't escape from any threats.

In my opinion, if people can't put up with the things their pets do then they shouldn't have them in the first place - and don't get me started on the barbaric practice of de-clawing cats.........
:evil: :evil: :evil:

I think I need to take a chill pill - I know this thread was started to give us a laugh at the stupid things people try to sell on eBay, but the selfishness and ignorance of people who offer/buy these things does annoy me. *steps off her soap box* :irked:

i havent looked at the auction yet,i love watching my older cat...having a good claw at his scratching post,its like a biiiiiiiigggg streeettttch !
and my little baby kitten is well cute climbing up the curtains and my big rottweillers legs (they must seem like tree trunks to her lol)
i did have a cat once who ripped the wallpaper to shreds in my hall .so i blue tacked a bit of tin foil to the area...hey presto never touched it again ,even when i removed the foil !!!

These have been around for yeeeeeeeeeeears.

ORIGINALLY, they were intended to be put on DOGS, not cats.
Meant for protecting household wooden floors, and front doors from clawmarks.
I grew up with a Samoyed Husky.. and lemme tell ya.. when he dashed about the house, he clawed up the wood floors TERRIBLY. They needed to be refinished constantly and it was a VERY pricey job.
Didn't matter if they were recently trimmed etc.

But I suppose you could say better that than declawing the cat. If the cat is started young with them, it can't cause any harm I'm sure.
My cat was declawed because he was clawing at the baby and nearly blinded my dog. It was that, or destroy him (he was too old to give up, the pound would only put a cat that age to sleep) and I couldn't bring myself to part with him.
If I had even 'thought' of those, I probably would have chosen that route as opposed to declawing my cat. Since 'here' I've only ever seen them intended for dogs, it never crossed my mind.

They may be goofy, but they do offer a nice humane alternative. And why not? People put hats and dresses on cats. Why not fancy nail caps? Kinda pretty :wink2:

VHunter said:
These have been around for yeeeeeeeeeeears.

ORIGINALLY, they were intended to be put on DOGS, not cats.
Meant for protecting household wooden floors, and front doors from clawmarks.
I grew up with a Samoyed Husky.. and lemme tell ya.. when he dashed about the house, he clawed up the wood floors TERRIBLY. They needed to be refinished constantly and it was a VERY pricey job.
Didn't matter if they were recently trimmed etc.

But I suppose you could say better that than declawing the cat. If the cat is started young with them, it can't cause any harm I'm sure.
My cat was declawed because he was clawing at the baby and nearly blinded my dog. It was that, or destroy him (he was too old to give up, the pound would only put a cat that age to sleep) and I couldn't bring myself to part with him.
If I had even 'thought' of those, I probably would have chosen that route as opposed to declawing my cat. Since 'here' I've only ever seen them intended for dogs, it never crossed my mind.

They may be goofy, but they do offer a nice humane alternative. And why not? People put hats and dresses on cats. Why not fancy nail caps? Kinda pretty :wink2:

omg don't cats need their claws??? do they grow back? how can it protect itself if another cat got it??

CadenceAlex said:
omg don't cats need their claws??? do they grow back? how can it protect itself if another cat got it??

That's the thing I'm against with these..... if the cat does not live indoors 24/7 then they should not have their claws tampered with. It means they can't climb (I'd rather have a live cat and a bit of scuffed furniture - I do, by the way!.... than my furniture intact and my cat savaged by a dog because it couldn't climb to escape) or as Cadence Alex says, they can't defend themselves.

If the cat lives indoors all the time then yes, it's better than de-clawing them but people selling these should state loud and clear than a cat that spends any time outside the house is not a suitable candidate for these things.

Us humans just love to tamper with nature, don't we?

Latest posts

Back