Can you have 2 insurances?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
I've recently gone from being insured with the FHT for the past 9 years to Balens due to the fact that I now do Auricular Acupuncture.

But, some of the treatments that I was insured previously, don't appear on my insurance certificate, which is Ok as it was ones that I don't do many of.

I might want to reprise some of these treatments later on in 2008, So was thinking of going with PBT for the others.

Should I tick all the boxes for my qualifications for PBT or just the ones that Balens haven't included?

bit confused :eek:

I would have the chat with both Pro Beauty Direct and also your other insurers as sometimes having 2 lots of insurance can invalidate the whole lot so speak to them both about your situation and what treatments you need cover for and take it from there.

Have you asked Balens why some treatments are not included? It might be worth trying to negotiate with them before you take out any additional insurance.

On the matter of having two insurances, I don't think there's any reason why you can't take them out but you need to be careful in the event of a claim as the two companies will both want the other one to pay out :)

I've recently gone from being insured with the FHT for the past 9 years to Balens due to the fact that I now do Auricular Acupuncture.

But, some of the treatments that I was insured previously, don't appear on my insurance certificate, which is Ok as it was ones that I don't do many of.

I might want to reprise some of these treatments later on in 2008, So was thinking of going with PBT for the others.

Should I tick all the boxes for my qualifications for PBT or just the ones that Balens haven't included?

bit confused :eek:

Hi,

You cannot have 2 sets of insurance running at the same time as this would cause a conflict of interest between the companies in the event of a claim.

Obviously, it is best to inform PBT of your circumstances so that they can advise you specifically relating to their insurance, but generally, you should only apply to be insured for the treatments that Balens do not cover.

If you need any other insurance advice, either in general, or specifically about the Guild, then feel free to contact me.

thanks everyone, really appreciate your comments.

I was worried about the fact of having 2 insurances and having a conflict, you just don't know what to do for the best.

think I'll get onto balens again and check where I am with them. they did query 1 or 2 of my certs saying it would be extra to insure them, so assumed that the ones they didn't mention were fine, but the body wraps and stuff havent been included on the certificate when it arrived.

Latest posts

Back