Can you prepig with koleston and water?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kate

Reaction score
Hi,
just a general question about prepiging. Have seen something on youtube a while ago where someone was using a permanent red colour mixed with water which he put onto bleached hair (in a foil) and then put the target colour straight over the red without wiping the red off first. Have any of you tried this? Does it work?
kate x

You can but this is a very old method of pre-pigging. The only problem that can occur with this method is if the mix goes on too wet, or thick, it can cause a patchy finished target result.

Best method I find is to pre-pig with a semi, dry off, then apply your target shade.

i find clynol best to pre pig with even if you do not use clynol colour. it comes in gold, copper and red. you use gold to drop 2 shades eg (base 10,9 or 8) copper to drop to 7 or 6 and anything under 6 use red. it is a spray mousse, i use it in a tint bowl with brush or spounge depending on what style i am using put it on dry and dry in and then apply the colour. or you can buy a concentrate which is revlon which you put a pea size to a cm in each the colour (half tube) which come in 100-blue 200-voilet 300- gold 400 copper 500 mahogany and 600 red and you dont need to pre pig with those as you are putting the tone into the colour. 100 and 200 ar fab to tone out golds in blondes!!! and the 500 and 600 are fab to make reds really vibarent hope this helps a little bit xx

Hi,
just a general question about prepiging. Have seen something on youtube a while ago where someone was using a permanent red colour mixed with water which he put onto bleached hair (in a foil) and then put the target colour straight over the red without wiping the red off first. Have any of you tried this? Does it work?
kate x

I have used this method quite a lot in the past, it is an old method, but sometimes the oldies are the best. I've never had a problem, but it is better if you can dry it off first. I do also use a pre pig spray from Affinage, its available in orange or red.

Thanks for that info all of you! The revlon sounds quite interesting... Will have a look at the wholesalers next time.
:) xx

just thought id mention goldwell do prepig cols you have gold copper and red you mix with water and put your target col straight on top i must say this works very well !

Latest posts

Back