Can you recommend some good curling tongs?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bed Bunny

Reaction score
I can do great curls with GHDs but they drop quickly, even when i put strong hold hairspray on.

Can anyone recommend some really good curling tongs that give longlasting results?

many thanks
BB
x

Now a friend of mine bought some Herstyler Baby curls and we tried them out on ourselves and children. Fantastic results, my little girls hair is so straight and doesnt hold curls that i have tried in the past, well this held the curls throughout the day and was still slightly curling the next morning. I know they do different sizes for different curls effects. A bit pricey though at around £90.00. I wonder whether the Babyliss one its called Babyliss PRO Rebel at Sallys will do the same job for a fraction of the cost its about £20-30 with 2 sizes.

Last edited:
Hi
I would recomend the Babyliss conical curling wand, those ghd style curls are made even easier with this curling iron. simply wrap hair around, wait a few seconds and you will have beautiful spiral curls!

Oh yeah, the conical wand is brilliant!!! It produces a natural longlasting curl and is so quick and easy.

I think so, they do need a little bit of practice but the spiral curls of the larger size are stunning, the girls in our salon do not curl hair with straighteners any more, they just use the conical wand

This is what I was on about! Its fabulous

yes i have seen those advertised. How do you stop yourself burning your fingers whilst holding the end of the hair against the wand?

BB
x

Hi
with practice!
seriously though, you wrap the hair around the wand and hold the very end of the hair section between thumb and for finger until the curl is set. results are superb, worth the practice.

The Babyliss one come with little finger protectors which are heat resistant, thus no burny fingers!! The herstyler one comes with a glove.

thanks for the advice and info, i will check out costs and probably get one.

BB
x

Latest posts

Back