Can you teach yourself nail art??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enthusiasm and practice goes a very long way! :hug:

I think it does. There are things I bust my nut over (when I have the time) and do it over and over and over.... Clients/Friends are always saying "OMG where do you get the patience?" which is HYSTERICALLY FUNNY because I'm NOT known for being a patient person :lol:
There is a painting course I'd like to take that's not related to nails BUT I think that the techniques would go a long way in improving my nail art... One day at a time :green:

You live in Canada,as i see,try to contact Christine Turner,i think you could learn from her some nail art things;-)Nail Diva - Christine Turner - 778-242-DIVA (3482)

THANKS for the link! I've bookmarked it. Unfortunately, she's on the other side of the country and ummm about 3 days travel by car or something like that, LOL. BUT I'll definately talk to her about resources.
THANKS again!

Nail art can be the most basic to extremely elaborate. I believe you can teach yourself nail art, I did. But... not everyone is the same.
If you were to look for a nail art course you need a tutor who is good at inspiring the students and helping them use their imagination, along with building confidence. It is generally a persons imagination that can limit a persons nail art abilities. Its fun and theraputic :)

+
If I considered going a course in nailart, I think, I'd try to learn the basics myself first and then opt for more advanced 121 lessons with a proficient nail-designer.

+
If I considered going a course in nailart, I think, I'd try to learn the basics myself first and then opt for more advanced 121 lessons with a proficient nail-designer.
Hi i think I will have a play first see if I have any natural talent for it. Then if I get the bug do as you say. And do a decent 121 course. Thanks for all suggestions.:hug::hug:

I've sat in on many of Iryna's classes and seen the students before and after work - the difference is staggering, and they are all pretty chuffed with themselves.

Exactly! - before the Workshop they dont belive that they can make it.
After - they suprised with themseves.

Its depents of Teacher - not from Student. Basic can learn everybody.
Only what You need its a good Nailart Educator.

I moste defenitly think that you can teach yourself if you are creative and have a natural flair for it when you have a proper base and understand how your products work. Anyone can be thought nailart techniques in courses and they will go oooh i didn´t knew i could do this but it´s because they get guided step by step trough it. When they go home they will repeat the designs that they learned over again but they won´t use the actual techniques that were used to create those designs to create new and individual ones. It is those that have a feeling for it that will take what they learned and turn it into something new and in this way they will teach themselves new things all the time by experimenting. I feel nailart courses are good to learn techniques of which you weren´t aware but being good at nailart is how you use techniques in your own creative way, which is a skill that i don´t think that can be thought.... What a long babble :lol:

Latest posts

Back