Can you use pre-blended oils without an aromatherapy qualification?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophiegees

Reaction score
I am sorry this is probably something I should know, but dont unfortunately.

When doing a spa manicure or pedicure, or massage, can you use the pre-blended essential massage oils - or do you need an aromatherapy qualification.

I am thinking you dont need one as long as its pre-blended, but wanted to check before buying any and using.

I am sorry this is probably such a basic question....

Many thanks

x

Yes😄just follow manufacturers instructions

I'm doing aromatherapy at the moment (pre blended) and I wouldn't recommend doing them without the proper training. Certain oils can cause contra actions and our consultation forms for PB aromatherapy are the most in depth ones we have to do. Hope this helps xx

Yes these are completely safe and designed to be used by pre blended massage qualified therapists and as I said before as long as long you follow the manufactures instructions they are perfectly safe 😄 only safe oils are marketed in this way

As you know, to be able to blend your own, you should be qualified in aromatherapy. Pre-blended oils are perfectly safe to be used without an aromatherapy qualification though and wouldn't be marketed if not.

If you want to be extra sure, then you can consult with your insurance providers :)

As I understand it, pre blended oils are in a very low concentration so that they can be used by anybody. Yes, aromatherapy oils are contraindicated in certain conditions, but the strength and the purity of many preblended oils would mean that they are not going to do any harm, as long as normal protocols are in place - check for allergy, epilepsy, pregnancy etc!

I know this is an old thread...but by using pre blended aromatherapy oils, does his qualify as an aromatherapy massage?in terms of what your advertising to your clients?

No aromatherapy massage is performed only by someone qualified in aromatherapy . You can advertise it as pre blended massage I believe .

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I know this is an old thread...but by using pre blended aromatherapy oils, does his qualify as an aromatherapy massage?in terms of what your advertising to your clients?

A totally relaxing massage using preblended aromatherapy oils - or just aromatherapy oils. They are still aromatherapy oils, just not ones blended by you!
I do mix my own, but my daughter doesn't and has never been asked about it!
Don't know if that has helped!

Vic x

A totally relaxing massage using preblended aromatherapy oils - or just aromatherapy oils. They are still aromatherapy oils, just not ones blended by you!
I do mix my own, but my daughter doesn't and has never been asked about it!
Don't know if that has helped!

Vic x
What do you advertise it as then?

That's what I mean - either. You can say it's an aromatherapy massage but if you are ever asked if you mix your own oils you just say no. Whether you mix your own or use pre blended you are providing an aromatherapy massage. As long as you aren't trying to fool the public there is no problem with it.

Vic x

That's what I mean - either. You can say it's an aromatherapy massage but if you are ever asked if you mix your own oils you just say no. Whether you mix your own or use pre blended you are providing an aromatherapy massage. As long as you aren't trying to fool the public there is no problem with it.

Vic x

That's what I thought too! Thanku;-)

I would disagree an aromatherapy massage is a therapy in itself taking a detailed consultation and choosing oils for people's individual physical and emotional needs.It is a highly skilled therapy when practised properly and can take years to master,the massage itself is different to an ordinary Swedish and involves pressure points and lymph drainage its so involved having trained in it and not practiced it for years I now don't do it.
I was trained to choose my oils through consultation and then applied kinesiology Robert Tisserand
some people do it through consultation and then reflexology Shirley Price.
Unfortunately as with many therapies aromatherapy has been dumbed down and disrespected its not just about massaging with pic and mix oils.

I would disagree an aromatherapy massage is a therapy in itself taking a detailed consultation and choosing oils for people's individual physical and emotional needs.It is a highly skilled therapy when practised properly and can take years to master,the massage itself is different to an ordinary Swedish and involves pressure points and lymph drainage its so involved having trained in it and not practiced it for years I now don't do it.
I was trained to choose my oils through consultation and then applied kinesiology Robert Tisserand
some people do it through consultation and then reflexology Shirley Price.
Unfortunately as with many therapies aromatherapy has been dumbed down and disrespected its not just about massaging with pic and mix oils.

I must say I have heard this. funnily enough I got into trouble (i know it's hard to believe!) in a trade shop with these oils. I wanted to purchase a lemon oil. I went to the counter to pay but they wouldn't let me have it as I wasn't trained in aromatherapy... and I got a rather in depth interesting explanation about it.

I use ESPA and when performing an ESPA massage treatment I am using their pre blended aromatherapy oils. We sensory test every client with the 2 chosen oils then perform the treatment using the oil they have chosen, there is also a thorough consultation to begin with so I can chose the 2 oils to sensory test with, therefore the client is getting an aromatherapy massage. I understand it takes a lot of skill to blend your own aromatherapy oils but if you use pre blended it doesn't mean your not performing an aromatherapy treatment that's just as good.

I must say I have heard this. funnily enough I got into trouble (i know it's hard to believe!) in a trade shop with these oils. I wanted to purchase a lemon oil. I went to the counter to pay but they wouldn't let me have it as I wasn't trained in aromatherapy... and I got a rather in depth interesting explanation about it.

Lemon oil is a non toxic oil it can irritate but put it on your skin and go out in the sun and you will get brown patches its highly photo sensitive.
Aromatherapy essential oils are like a concentrated medicine they can be very powerful.Its proven that certain chemicals from the plants can enter the blood stream.They are not to be messed with.

I use ESPA and when performing an ESPA massage treatment I am using their pre blended aromatherapy oils. We sensory test every client with the 2 chosen oils then perform the treatment using the oil they have chosen, there is also a thorough consultation to begin with so I can chose the 2 oils to sensory test with, therefore the client is getting an aromatherapy massage. I understand it takes a lot of skill to blend your own aromatherapy oils but if you use pre blended it doesn't mean your not performing an aromatherapy treatment that's just as good.

I'm not saying its not going to be a lovely relaxing massage.Although that will depend more on the therapist than the oil but its not an aromatherapy treatment massage.Its a massage using pre blended oils.

I'm not saying its not going to be a lovely relaxing massage.Although that will depend more on the therapist than the oil but its not an aromatherapy treatment massage.Its a massage using pre blended oils.

Pre blended aromatherapy oils.

Pre blended aromatherapy oils.
Yes but Its not an aromatherapy treatment.This is why true Aromatherapy has become a dying art because people think it is as good to just use a pre blended oil.
I can't be argued with on this one :) I'm very passionate about it.Read Valerie worwoods the fragrant mind and the fragrant pharmacy if you are at all interested in learning more.

Latest posts

Back