Can you use solar oil over bio sculpture?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info guys,

I'm a big fan of Solar Oil & a friend of mine got acrylics for the first time recently. I had already given her a bottle of Solar Oil to try, but when she mentioned it to the Nail Tech, she told her that Solar Oil is made for natural nails only, and is bad for Acrylics - as it will cause lifting - don't use it!

As soon as I heard that I knew it was either a line to sell another product, or she just didn't know better.

It's sad really.

If it is the latter she's obviously been told or read the wrong thing (maybe the product info sheet?) and needs to learn more.

If it's a sales strategy she should just be honest and say "well I haven't had much experience with Solar Oil so I recommend you use <blahblah> as it's made for these nails". It sounds much better than to discredit or lie about a rival product as it's a bad look if the person finds out!

I have often wondered whether this is a myth or not as I have a few clients that used to be Bio Sculpt clients with another tech and when I had finished their enhancements and was applying solar oil, they immediately said oh wont that cause lifting I then went thought my spiel of how important the use of solar oil is. I have been as they have, led to believe that any cuti oil will cause lifting on any Bio product???

Latest posts

Back