Can you use solar oil over bio sculpture?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

couper

Reaction score
This may seem like a silly question but I'm not sure. I would like to give my new clients a small gift bag with a mini solar oil a small boi nail polish remover and a top coat. Will recommending solar oil affect the bio sculpture overlay, extension?
Also is the gift bag idea a good one? I am doing this instead of a 50% on first treatment

Solar oil is good for any enhancement, you need oil to keep them nourished and to help keep them in top condition. Thats a great idea by giving your clients a sloar oil to take home with them. It will really benifit their nails and keep them looking good.

I think the gift bag is a lovely idea :D

I always give a "goodie bag" to all my first timers - which includes

1 pair of latex gloves
1 mini solar butter
1 mini solar oil
business card and an aftercare leaflet

I think its better than discounting IMO

I think the gift bag's a good idea.

Don't know about the solar oil as I've never tried it. Last week I asked Ester at Bio Sculpture about using cuticle oil after gel application. She did advise that only the Bio cuticle oil (which they've spent the last couple of years perfecting) should be used with the Bio gel. Could just be their marketing strategy, but I have been using the Bella Mani Cuccio cuticle oil and felt it was causing some lifting so I've stopped. HTH.

I have used solar oil over bio for a while without any probs (its such a light formula that it would only do good) Im pretty sure that bio have probably developed an oil that is similar to solar because its a fab product...

hi...bio only recommend using their own products (maybe a marketing ploy!). they say this as they have tried and tested all their own products and will not guarantee that other brand products wont cause lifting. Maybe i am too gullable but for this reason i will only use bio, with bio....as it is such a porous product anyway...i worry it will cause lifting. With l&p and fibreglass i am happy with other oils and creams.....This is my opinion anyway.....hth. x

Thank you all for your replies. I think I will use the bio cuticle oil just to be on the safe side. I personally love solar oil but its good to stick to one product I suppose.

What type of oils make up the Bio cuticle oil?

Carmen said:
What type of oils make up the Bio cuticle oil?

Dunno. Not sure they'd tell me if I asked. Which oils are in the Solar oil??

Almond, jojoba, rice bran and vitamin E. I can't see any reason why this couldn't be used with any system. If it's used with acrylic (porous), why couldn't it be used with a porous gel??? I personally think it's a marketing ploy. They'd be silly not to recommend using their own cuticle oil but I don't think you have to. JMO

Carmen

Solar Oil is one of my fav products, but I'm afraid to say that it's a definite no-no with Bio Sculpture gels ... believe me, I road-tested it myself first, and over a period of just a few days, my NNO's just peeled right off :cry:

Noodle said:
Solar Oil is one of my fav products, but I'm afraid to say that it's a definite no-no with Bio Sculpture gels ... believe me, I road-tested it myself first, and over a period of just a few days, my NNO's just peeled right off :cry:

yep i think i heard this off another geek too.....i spose you could 'try it'

i always finish with solar oil but i dont retail it to my BIO clients.

amb x

If you had great adhesion on day 1 with any product system, then nothing can unlock it off the nail plate except a solvent. I do hear what some of you guys are saying but don't be fooled by lifting....Lifting is a result of bad adhesion in the first seconds of product application. If we're saying that Solar Oil can unravel a soakable gel, then we're saying that we could soak off in Solar Oil - would be nice! But not practical....

Noodle said:

I have to tell you that the reason your nail peeled right off, cannot be put down to the use of Solar Oil. Your Bio enhancements could not have been on correctly in the first place for this to have happened. Solar Oil cannot penetrate a non porous gel ... the most it could do is seep in around the edges if they were not well adhered to the plate in the first place.

Solar Oil can be used by anyone wearing any system.

geeg said:
Solar Oil can be used by anyone wearing any system.

And on anyone not wearing enhancements and al over the body for dry skin and to keep skin nice all over! - just slap it on everywhere. I just love it so much I use it all over! x

HI

I have used biosculpture for many years and i retail solar oil in my aftercare kit. I hav never had any lifting with it at all. I agree with the above comments if you are getting lifting then you need to look at your application.

The only thing i have found make bio lift is other brands of polish remover, they also make the gel tacky.

HTH

geeg said:
Solar Oil cannot penetrate a non porous gel
... but Bio is a porous gel system. Ok, maybe it's just me, but without using it when wearing gels, they stay put for weeks on end without any problems at all ... sorry if I've misled anyone here ... that was never my intention.

Noodle said:
... but Bio is a porous gel system. Ok, maybe it's just me, but without using it when wearing gels, they stay put for weeks on end without any problems at all ... sorry if I've misled anyone here ... that was never my intention.

Porous or non porous, it makes no difference. L&P is porous and SolarOil is used all the time wih porous systems to no ill effect infact to the benefit of the system and the wearer.

as a 3 and a half year biosculpture technician i can tell you that biosculpture do their own oil, see online at www.biosculpture.co.uk. gift bag a great idea. i give my clients a bottle of bio nail polish remover and polish and make the price for the forst overlay or set to include these products with free nail file, brochure, business card and nailcare leaflet.

Latest posts

Back