Cancellations and no shows

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blush&Glow beauty bar

Reaction score
HI Geeks, I am new to this site and running my salon
( open for 3 weeks) but so far I have had 2 cancellations and 3 no shows for appointments and it's really starting to get to me cause the other day I had to turn away a walk in because I thought I had a client coming for an appointment she booked, so my question is what do i do as not sure if I should ask for a deposit as I am very new and trying to establish myself.

Deposits for your big treatments.

But it's just an unfortunate part of the business. Once you're more established, it'll happen less. Hopefully!

Deposits for your big treatments.

But it's just an unfortunate part of the business. Once you're more established, it'll happen less. Hopefully!
Thanks that's good to know

If you make your terms clear, you can always charge a deposit, full-amount up front, or save the card for a future charge and charge if they don't show up. We're still in development, but currently have the ability to do all that at the moment.

We are testing our website and scheduling platform with a few massage studios and hair salons. We have been getting feedback from business owners that if they charge customers a deposit, you maximize customer attendance, and have the lowest risk of a customer calling their credit card company or bank for charge-backs. It also reduces the risk of a client leaving a negative review online.

Charge-backs are pretty bad to have as a business owner, and if you get too many of them a credit card processing company can freeze your account, or stop processing credit cards altogether. Also, it can hurt you when applying to another credit card processing company.

If you make your terms clear, you can always charge a deposit, full-amount up front, or save the card for a future charge and charge if they don't show up. We're still in development, but currently have the ability to do all that at the moment.

We are testing our website and scheduling platform with a few massage studios and hair salons. We have been getting feedback from business owners that if they charge customers a deposit, you maximize customer attendance, and have the lowest risk of a customer calling their credit card company or bank for charge-backs. It also reduces the risk of a client leaving a negative review online.

Charge-backs are pretty bad to have as a business owner, and if you get too many of them a credit card processing company can freeze your account, or stop processing credit cards altogether. Also, it can hurt you when applying to another credit card processing company.
Thanks that's very informative.

Latest posts

Back