Cancelling a client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Makenna

Reaction score
I feel so guilty, I had to cancel a client today, struck down with vomiting and diarrhoea [emoji21] she won't be a regular as she lives abroad and was only here for a couple of days but I feel awful. I've given her a solar oil as an apology, how do other techs manage with this? I don't think it would have been a good idea to treat anyone incase I'm contagious, but I hate having to let people down! Any advice for these kind of situations?

I get really upset when u let people down and my regulars always come in and tell me of for being so apologetic [emoji15] They're all so lovely [emoji5]️ x

If you work alone it's sometimes good to have another tech you can recommend to clients if they cannot rebook with you in cases when your ill (let's face it can't be helped!) so you don't feel as guilty [emoji4]

Thanks for replying! It's so frustrating as I'm only just starting out, but at least this means I only had the one client to cancel.
Beautyxperts this is something I need to look into, thank you for the suggestion!

If I arrived to have my nails done and the tech had just had diarrhoea and vomiting, and then intended to do my nails, I would be mad as hell.

You 100% did the right thing. She's lucky she got the oil too but that was a nice touch :)

Hi Makenna,
Don't worry, it happens.
Last year I had the same so I arranged my client an appointment with a local tech, who btw is my direct competition. I had faith she would come back which she did!
I always inform people if I have a cold/cough for example and then they can decide if they want the appointment or not - I will also wear a mask for what it's worth, but a vomiting bug - no way! Just cancel, good call :)

Thank you all for responding [emoji4] feel much better about it now x

Latest posts

Back