Can't find real friends

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precious2013

Reaction score
I have met many people and became friends with them but within a year or less they seem to change or let me down. Have never had a real friend or a best friend and I don't know what to do. I did have a close friend for about a year and as soon as I got pregnant she didn't want to know :( maybe I just expect too much of friends and then I don't receive it back. Any tips girls on how to bring positive friends into my life?

I don't have any friends, because when I was ill none of them wanted to know, now I don't feel the need to have friends, they seem more of a nuisance then anything. I have my family, my boyfriend and my dogs and am happy with that. Although I'll admit I miss having a best friend to go shopping and stuff with on occasion, but I couldn't be bothered with how my old best friend turned out

Why not have a look at the Coffee for friendless geeks post, there are many of us out there lovey. I agree with Amy though, often friends just cause you more aggravation than they are worth and always want and take and are seldom willing to give. I also have my business, my husband, my dogs, my family and a small group of close friends and I am happier than ever. A ton of friends brings a ton of problems and with a child you don't need drama. LOL

I completely agree with what the others have said, Good friends seem hard too come by these days :(
I'm happy with my husband, children and family :)

I'm the same. It was my birthday yesterday and I didn't get one text, phone call or card from a friend. Why? Cause it would appear that I don't really have any. I have bought numerous presents and cards this year for so called friends birthdays and yesterday just made their friendship so much clearer to me: non existent.

I'm not feeling sorry for myself or bitter. I'm thankful I don't have to listen to their crap anymore now. "Friends" always seem to let me down. Have now washed my hands off the last remaining ones. Next time they want a favour they can kiss my arse.

Ive always been lioe this too, get on with people but dont have what i wouls consider friends. I cant stand all b******g and pandaring to their needs that comes with friendship. Just focus on yourself and when you least expect it a true friend or two will turn up x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Although i know you will be, but dont take it personal. I lost ALOT of 'friends' when i was pregnant .. But just made me realise they were never proper friends to start with xx

I think there are stages of friends, eg school friends, uni friends, work friends, other mums etc.

Some actually last all through, but others drop off. It's a natural process.

I do think having a child can be a watershed in the friendship world.

My only advice would be to take new friendships slowly. x

I have 2 real friends and they have only been my friends the last 2 years (we met in beauty level 2 at college) I lost all friends after school as the 'we will stay in touch' is most the time bull! Haha. I had a best friend from when I was in playgroup but it worked out she was too busy slagging me off behind my back then standing by me when I needed her most also she was one of them people who when she needed me I was there I needed her she was no where to be seen (she split up with her boyfriend the day I found out my dad had cracked his skull and a metal tube was millimetres from his brain -I was a mess always crying but there's me inviting her around to talk about her ex to only 10 mins later she asks if I can walk her to his as his text saying he wants her back?!? But there's me being me saying ok an walking her to his (about 30 min walk to get to his to walk back on my own), and my other school friend just disappeared we seen each other most days (she lived 5 houses away from me) and then nothing no texts/calls and that was that, I even got deleted of her Facebook last year so ill stick to my 2 college friends and I'm happy. All I need is my boyfriend family an 2 friends 😊 xx

Anyway, who needs friends when you have Salongeek too keep you company :D

Exactly. And I'm certainly not lonely without friends. I have a really great girly natter with all my clients during the week. They're lovely and never ask favours or fall out with me, backstab me, or let me down when I really need them.

Not many friends here either. Just me, myself and I lol. Ever fancy a chinwag you know where I am lol.

I thought I had good friends but when I got diagnosed no one really cared I was ill no messages no trips in to the hospital to see me. But if my friends were in hospital of break my arm to go see them and be there for support. I'm happy with my family, my fella and my mad Pomeranian dog!!! :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1377629781.197178.jpg

I have one best friend we have been since the age of 9 (16years ago) we don't see each other too often but always text/chat on the phone & have been through a lot together she's my only true friend I'm lucky to have her she's always there when I need her

Ive had a lot of friends, at different times of my life. But unfortunately alot of those were just for a short time. Not broken friends just grown apart. My school friends about 10 of us, have kept firmly in contact, at sometimes closer than others... 6 of us have just been away for bank hol. 1 of those is my best friend who I speak to at least once a day.
Id be lost with out her.

Hope you get a best friend like mine :) xx

Omg I was beginning to think there was something wrong with me lol I know it's prob better to not have many friends but since having my little one I have only had my family around and sometimes I feel trapped, like I need a friend to go and have a drink with so I'm not having to always talk in my family circle, if you know what I mean? I don't mean I want someone who I need to talk to everyday, just someone to text every now and again or meet for a cuppa :)

I have a couple of close friends that I unfortunately rarely see as I moved away but it's like it was yesterday when we do get to meet. Everyone else I seem to try to make 'friends' with pretty much suck! :(

Aww I am really saddened at this thread and it will definitely make me feel more blessed to have such good friends in my life. I had the usual school friends (still see 1 of them) but the rest drift away as you move, start/change careers. Then when my daughter was born I went to all the mother and toddler groups and made some friends there and again, when she started school I made some wonderful friends, especially 4, who I consider my best friends in the world as we would do absolutely anything for each other. When I was chronically ill and almost died they pulled me through and laughed and cried with me which showed me just how true our friendship is. When I got pregnant with my son the whole new process of meeting new people began all over again, and I'm still close with alot of the mums 12 years later!. So I do think that if you've got a little one do try and get out to mother and baby groups etc coz you can bet your life there's loads of nervous women sitting there just dying to make friends. Be friendly and sociable, encourage play dates and I'm sure there will be some lovely new friends out there to be made.
Good luck! Xx

Aww I am really saddened at this thread and it will definitely make me feel more blessed to have such good friends in my life. I had the usual school friends (still see 1 of them) but the rest drift away as you move, start/change careers. Then when my daughter was born I went to all the mother and toddler groups and made some friends there and again, when she started school I made some wonderful friends, especially 4, who I consider my best friends in the world as we would do absolutely anything for each other. When I was chronically ill and almost died they pulled me through and laughed and cried with me which showed me just how true our friendship is. When I got pregnant with my son the whole new process of meeting new people began all over again, and I'm still close with alot of the mums 12 years later!. So I do think that if you've got a little one do try and get out to mother and baby groups etc coz you can bet your life there's loads of nervous women sitting there just dying to make friends. Be friendly and sociable, encourage play dates and I'm sure there will be some lovely new friends out there to be made.
Good luck! Xx

I'm doing exactly this, starting a few next week so fingers crossed :) xx

Latest posts

Back