Cant seem to do facial waxing right any advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try this: Apply a fine layer of oil. Take a ball of non strip wax onto your spatula and starting from the corner of the mouth, apply the wax against the hair growth and keep applying more wax until you've competely covered the entire area above the upper lip. So you've gone from one corner of the mouth, right across the middle and to the other corner. So basically, your client now has a full wax moustache. Remove the wax from either corner you like, stretching the skin as you pull of your wax in short, sharp bursts. Now do exactly the same again starting from the other corner of the mouth and remove from the other side this time. Voila! One smooth upper lip with no face pulling, and really hurty bit in the middle.

Don't all start screaming about not applying against the hair growth etc. Trust me. Let us know how you get on.xxx

Brilliant tip! I had a not so great upper lip wax incident last week. It was my firt attempt at using the euroblonde on a client and I just get a good 'lip' on it to remove and the little middle part wasn't to nice for the poor lady.:o

sounds great ... iv got a practice lip wax on monday im dreading it!!!

Im going to town today so i wanted to know can i buy the jasmin oil from like holland and barret or has it got to be PR oil? thanks

Iv looked for the jasmine oil but the prices are exspensive £20+ am i looking at the wrong item, where can you buy it for about a fiver wax queen please have you got a website or link i could use please? thanks

You can get the small bottle from Perron Rigot at Thalgo or Beauty Express.

In answer to a comment above, please make sure that your stretch the skin when applying the wax and when you remove the wax. xxx

You can get the small bottle from Perron Rigot at Thalgo or Beauty Express.

In answer to a comment above, please make sure that your stretch the skin when applying the wax and when you remove the wax. xxx
Aww i havnt been shown to strech the skin whilst applying the wax on eyebrows but i will from now thanks alot xx

Oh, and any light oil is fine. Just the tiniest drop and then blot with a tissue. xxx

Sometimes if you leave someone with what looks like a red/raised/flaky area it might be a slight friction burn from rubbing the strip too vigoriously, with eyebrows and other sensitive areas I tend to press the area then stretch the skin and pull off. As far as some of the wax getting stuck I too have been there and I find that TALC is very effective in absorbing excess oil and moisture put this on the area you are waxing before you start (after prewax cleansing) Hey presto you should'nt have any more sticky moments!!!!:eek: HTH!

I have started using " pure emu oil" pre and post waxing, It is amazing stuff! It has antibacterial properties and has the same effect as water to the skin...........none! There are way too many good things to say about this product but definately worth googling.

Hi you, it sounds like your having a hard time, but it gets better, I had the exact same problem when I was training and the wax was too hot, it can be tempting to whack it up to get it melting quicker but it results in this, I still have a scar on my eyebrow from doing exactly that thankfully i learnt my lesson!!! turn the temp down a bit I always keep mine on 4 which sounds low but it works perfectly i use wax master hope this helps xxx:)

Latest posts

Back