Carlton Institute opinions please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adore

Reaction score
I have heard many different conflicting stories about the quality of training at the Carlton Institute. I would love to have your opinions on their quality of training and content of their courses. My nearest center would be Windsor.

Id like to know this also 😃

I think it depends on the tutor you have. I did my VTCT Reflexology there about 8 years ago and really enjoyed my course and the tutor was very good.

I think it depends on the course you want to do there. I did my full nvq2 in beauty with them and I found it to be not enough contact time with tutors and doing the paperwork alone was stressful. I needed to do a fair few extra courses after nvq2 with them to bring myself up to scratch.

I wouldn't do anything that involves use of machines or where something could do dangerously wrong. At worst, something could go wrong and at best you won't feel confident.

That said, I can totally see the merit in doing (as beauty4all says) a reflexology or other holistic course with them as a more experienced therapist because with the right demonstration of a treatment and reading materials, I can see how this can be learnt successfully to qualification level.

Definitely search on here for other threads and blogs. There are a fair few on here.

Latest posts

Back