Cartridge wax units

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsNM

Reaction score
Well hello people,
finally ...I am here, I have been meaning to join but kept forgetting.
O so I will get stuck in to my first question. I use a wax heater at home for waxing, the wax I use is a home made sugar lemon wax, I do find waxing can get messy sometimes particularly doing the legs. I was talking to a cousin the other day and she uses the cartridge wax system, not sure which make etc.
She told me how much easier it was especially if you wax yourself.
Please would the experts here suggest which brand/type I should invest in?
Are the cartridges still warm when off the charger unit? How long does a cartridge last? Both arms and legs? I am not a big gal....lol

I know Hive are a good make. Also where can I buy these things online at a better price?
Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply, I appreciate it.

hi, you can view the hive cartridge wax heaters on the following website link: Hive of Beauty Ltd

Roller waxing is so much easier, quicker and less messy. The cartridges will stay warm when they are out of the heater, however i would suggest you do put them straight back into the heater after applying the wax to the skin. If the cartridge is left out of the heater a long time, obviously it will start to cool and thicken.

x

I think I read somewhere about a cartirdge unit that has the heating element in the handheld thing itself so it's always at the right temperature. Thanks for the link I will look at it. for sure.

Yes there are x 2 hand held heaters (80g or 100g). I would suggest this roller heater is fine if you only do waxing now and then, but if you do a lot it would be better to go for a 3 or 6 chamber heater so you can heat more than x 1 cartridge.

Yes there are x 2 hand held heaters (80g or 100g). I would suggest this roller heater is fine if you only do waxing now and then, but if you do a lot it would be better to go for a 3 or 6 chamber heater so you can heat more than x 1 cartridge.

Thanks TinaHive for you replies I really appreciate it as this is not my field of expertise.

I wax arms and leegs and bikini area about once a month maybe sooner depending on growth.
Another question, which wax type is better for underarms and bikini area as hair in these areas is of course more coarse?
Also you ssay 2 hand held heaters, so are these the ones in the link you posted? The unit is also a heater as well as a hand held device?
I am asking so many questions , it's just that my SIL is also looking to buy she is new in the UK so doesn't know about where to go so she will go with what I advice her so I do want to get this right :)

Hi

I have attached a link for the 80g hand-held heater below.
When in use the wax cartridge is meant to stay inside the heater and not be removed unless you are changing the cartridge.

As you would be using the hand-held heater you would only be able to use the 80g warm wax cartridges. It's personal preferance whether you choose a creme wax or the warm honey wax. I would personally use warm honey because it has an excellent grip on stronger hairs, however other therapists may use tea tree creme etc. xx

Hive of Beauty Ltd

Thanks TinaHive for you replies I really appreciate it as this is not my field of expertise.

I wax arms and leegs and bikini area about once a month maybe sooner depending on growth.
Another question, which wax type is better for underarms and bikini area as hair in these areas is of course more coarse?
Also you ssay 2 hand held heaters, so are these the ones in the link you posted? The unit is also a heater as well as a hand held device?
I am asking so many questions , it's just that my SIL is also looking to buy she is new in the UK so doesn't know about where to go so she will go with what I advice her so I do want to get this right :)

If you are not a professional it is unlikely you will be able to buy from a professional source for home use as they usually require certificates of training and insurance.

I agree with Gillian. You do have to be a qualified therapist to purchase from professional beauty suppliers.

Latest posts

Back