Cat ladies, I need some advice!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColourGirly

Reaction score
So the story is, we've had our little kitty for just over a year. From a rescue center. She is quite timid and we lived in a cottage and didn't really like going out and never went out of our garden. We've now moved and have a small courtyard type thing and she is getting really brave, going out, having a social life etc. (we don't have a cat flap)

We decided it was time for the litter tray to go, it stinks, we've read up online about the best way to do this, so last week moved the box to the back door, in the advice to then put it outside. Well me and my husband are in the house today back at work tomorrow so I decided the tray was going to disappear and I'm going to leave the back door open all day in the hope she gets the hint.

She's only ever had one accident where she pooed in the bath as I had left the tray to soak and forgot to put it back (bad mother),

Am I mad??? My husband seems to think she's going to start weeing up the walls in a hate campaign.

My cats get a cat loo in the winter and when the weather is good they just don't touch it. In my experience they have to be desperate to make mess in the house. One of mine leaves a pile in the sink occasionally overnight as they're shut in (done this 3 times).
They have even come to wake me if they need to get out.

That's the way my mum did it with her cat, gradually moved it outside, then she put a bit of used litter at the back of the garden where she has wood bark stuff.
He wouldn't even look at a litter tray now let alone use one.
My twins however refuse to toilet outside! They run back in and either pee in the bath or on the sodding bath mat! X

Sent from the catphone

I thought it was just me who got the bath/sink used as a cat loo!

Both mine wake me through the night if they are in need to go out, my kitty soon got used to not having a tray x

I thought it was just me who got the bath/sink used as a cat loo!

Nope my 2 are a nightmare. I can't let them out at night so have to keep the tray :( x

Sent from the catphone

Nope my 2 are a nightmare. I can't let them out at night so have to keep the tray :( x

Sent from the catphone

I like to keep mine in at bedtime. They bring mice and things in. Last evening I got 3 mice which I think was because I'd stayed out all night Saturday and they were pleased to have me back!

That I can deal with- pissy protests I cannot!

When we've taken her out in the carrier she's wet herself. I think because she knows she's going to the cattery. Although my husband did have her on his lap, I've never laughed so much, along as it didn't go on my car hey!

My cats are often out all day, they sit at the door asking to come in. I let them in and feed them, they have a smelly poo in the litter tray and then go out again :(
I have one who poos in the bath. Thank god I have a power shower

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Mine would gently tap my arm once or twice and if I'm slow to respond his claw will let me know. :irked:

Well I trained my cat to be a dog.
Meaning before I go to bed I say come on girls lets to to the loo and all 3 (Labrador spaniel and cat) waddle out to grass and my cat sometimes am started at me and I say Krispen u better pee if u wake me up I gonna ignore u.
Anyhow she digs a joke and does her trick then waddles back inside.

If she is desperate she wake me up and meow in my ear or purr like a jet plane I open eyes and she starting at me nose to nose. Very cute.

But yes u gradually move the little box towards the door make sure there is a window or access for outside for her to go or get to the garden.

If she is sterilised I doubt she will spray or pee in the house. Cats who pee in sinks is usually sign of pain they want their owners to notice and it's start of sometimes urine infection or crystals or cyctisits shame so sad poor kitties.

Beauty at your finger tips!

We've just fed her a bit earlier than usual as she usually does her business then. So fingers crossed it all goes to plan!

You can train them to use the toilet. My mum had a rescue cat that did this.
Just pop the tray under the seat so it is solid and show them where it is..
You might wanna warn guest though

I've heard of this before. I have 2 cats who are brothers and big blokes. I just have visions of going into the loo and one of them sat there reading the paper :D x

I've heard of this before. I have 2 cats who are brothers and big blokes. I just have visions of going into the loo and one of them sat there reading the paper :D x

Lol! This made me laugh. Thank you :)

When I first got the twins I trained them to do this using the litter kwitter system.
Guests used to be a bit freaked going to the loo and the cat was on it!
After they went in the kennels though they refused to do it when they came back :(
Videos on you tube of the system are hilarious x

Sent from the catphone

Wtf!!! Omg!!

If they can't flush it and you aren't at home tho it must smell!

We think she fell down the toilet the other day so maybe not a good idea!

Bet my neighbours wish mine would use it!

Wtf!!! Omg!!

If they can't flush it and you aren't at home tho it must smell!

We think she fell down the toilet the other day so maybe not a good idea!

It doesn't really.
If I was in and heard them go I would flush, if not I would do it when I came in x

Sent from the catphone

Ill have to see how tonight goes, she's only a tiny little thing and can't balance too well on a wall so this might be an issue.

Latest posts

Back