CC'd in a private chain of emails from company, what would you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haylo_Therapies

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I just received an email from a company in which I had ordered something from a few days prior. When I opened it, my email was CC'd and not BCC'd. My name and email was there along with 5 or 6 other emails and names. And to make it worse, the email was a reply to another chain of emails between this company and another person. This person in one of their emails had given their full home address and details. So now everyone who has been CC'd can see this. (The email was saying the order had been dispatched, after a string of emails between the company and this particular company)

Now I am pretty annoyed, this email I used is a private email. I also don't think that this person realizes that we all were sent their previous emails and address.

Do you think I should let this person know what has happened, or just leave it?

I am so sorry if this is confusing, I can't seem to word it.

Hi everyone,

So I just received an email from a company in which I had ordered something from a few days prior. When I opened it, my email was CC'd and not BCC'd. My name and email was there along with 5 or 6 other emails and names. And to make it worse, the email was a reply to another chain of emails between this company and another person. This person in one of their emails had given their full home address and details. So now everyone who has been CC'd can see this. (The email was saying the order had been dispatched, after a string of emails between the company and this particular company)

Now I am pretty annoyed, this email I used is a private email. I also don't think that this person realizes that we all were sent their previous emails and address.

Do you think I should let this person know what has happened, or just leave it?

I am so sorry if this is confusing, I can't seem to word it.

Inform the person and the company. Their data protection is a bit lacking. Maybe its one that has been mentioned before xoxo

Thank you. I have done that. :hug:

Yes, definitely lacking. It's only my name and email address, but this other poor person has home address too!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

When that's happened to me, I've sent a quick and polite reply pointing out what they've done and telling them nicely that they could get a few complaints as it's against data protection. On one occasion the sender thanked me and recalled the email (wish I knew how to do that).

Yeah, I did sent a polite email. But they have not replied to me as of yet to answer why I recieved this email. I doubt I will get a response.

Thank you both for your replies. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back