"Celebrities" at Professional Beauty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think of Celebrity appearances at Profesional Beauty?

• Awful: It should be for trade professionals only!

Votes: 73 39.2%
  • Bad Idea: Doesn't interest me, I just ignored them.

Votes: 65 34.9%
  • Good Idea: Not a reason to go to the show, but nice to Celeb spot.

Votes: 48 25.8%
  • Amazing: The reason I went! More is better.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

fozzyo

Reaction score
So Professional Beauty has been and gone, but there was one addition this year that we haven't seen at previous shows. The "Celebrities", people like Amy Childs, Jordan, Joey Essex.

Professional Beauty is trade show for professionals to find out about products, try out products, see what is new in the industry and to network with other professionals to help build their businesses.

Amy Childs had an appearance on the Exhibitor stage, this stage is used by companies to promote their product ranges, offer tasters into their training, show off new skills and launches.

Is taking up valuable time with someone who just stands there, says hello, stands there a bit more and then walks off really what professionals want? How is that going to help us build our businesses?

I couldn't agree more. The only saving grace was at least when we knew 'celebs' were scheduled to appear it made other stands that little bit quieter! It didn't really interest either of us there on a personal or professional level, and I was quite surprised to see them there tbh.

joey essex was there?! noooooo!!! how could i miss him!!! but yes, completley agree about everyone else... time wasters :lol:

Actually annoyed me quite a lot! I couldn't shop in peace cause there were huddles of people around these celebs. Wondering how they could shop?? Surely some of them would have wanted to look at the other stalls? I really hope it doesn't become like this every year. They're such spoil sports ruining the 1 thing I love - shows! Not impressed x

I love Joey Essex but didn't stop to get close or anything g just took a picky then moved on.

Amy childs is in the industry so I don't see a prob with her win there, she was promoting her products wasn't she? I loved her salon uniform range x

i was at the dublin trade show last oct and a 'celebrity' was there. i use the term lightly. there she was getting her nails done and everyone oooing and aaaing. give me a break. some people would show up at the opening of an envelop if they thought they'd get a bit of attention.

And here was me getting all excited about Jan Arnold and Doug Schoon at Premier Orlando this coming year:lick:

Tabatha was the coolest though a couple years back. The hair shows blow your mind! It is something else and by far the best beauty show out there.

If they are trained professionals or students then yeh they can go straight ahead and go to trade shows but if they are going just to go and show their face and shut down stalls just so they get a quiet look round then surely you can go and do that in a shopping centre?

Leanne
X

i was at the dublin trade show last oct and a 'celebrity' was there. i use the term lightly. there she was getting her nails done and everyone oooing and aaaing. give me a break. some people would show up at the opening of an envelop if they thought they'd get a bit of attention.

Who was the 'celebrity'? I don't see the point really unless they are actually involved in the industry in some way!

I didnt see any of the celebs and couldnt care less about them. I wasnt there for them.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

And here was me getting all excited about Jan Arnold and Doug Schoon at Premier Orlando this coming year:lick:

Tabatha was the coolest though a couple years back. The hair shows blow your mind! It is something else and by far the best beauty show out there.
Ahh but they are only well know to us nail professionals, not the general public who would not know them from adam. They are relivent to the industory.

If anything, companys bringing in famous people to a trade show, puts me off using thier products. If they are not good enough to make a name from themseleves without a famous persons indorsment, then I don't want to know.

Also, if a company shuts the stall at a trade show for a celebraty, then to me, that says they are not putting thier customer first. I would want to buy products, which I would have been delayed in doing just so the company could do a bit of PR. There are many magazines/tv shows/paper etc in which a company can do the PR bit. At a trade show is not the place IMHO.

Sam xx

I managed to stumble into a massive crowd....little old me thinks, wow this product/service/stand must be brilliant...nope, it was a celeb...sigh!

I couldn't care less really, but it was a bit of a pain getting around their entourage. I can understand if they had something going on in the industry but i don't really get the point of them being there otherwise xx

Amy Childs endorses two product ranges. He stint in the stage had naff all to do with helping us build our business ... It was all about Amy Childs ... Not even her products!! I was far from impressed and am writing to Pro Beauty this week to make my views known.

Mat

Couldnt agree more. I want to see the REAL celebs of our industry, if I wanted to spend with someone unqualified id take my mum... she probably knows more than that lot put together about our industry, at least she takes an interest!

Lets hope its flash in the pan and they arent asked back. didnt they have a book to sign or shopping centre to open?

I saw a massive crowd and thought wow must be good bargains here! But no, everyone was just crowding round some nomark girl from TOWIE who was just getting her pics taken and not promoting any products or services! I still don't know what that stand was selling so what was the point of that coz they sure weren't getting extra sales from having an oompa loompa stand there!!! People were interested in the "celeb" not their products, absolutely ridiculous!!!!!!!

The only "celeb" I thought was ok was David van Day as he was just taking the money on his wife's stall like a normal assistant.

Professional beauty is supposed to be for professionals, indeed it's why we are required to register, so by having these "celebs" who have nothing to do with the industry, is just insulting I find.

I love Joey Essex but didn't stop to get close or anything g just took a picky then moved on.

Amy childs is in the industry so I don't see a prob with her win there, she was promoting her products wasn't she? I loved her salon uniform range x

Do you know where you can buy her salon uniforms from? x

I think it's kind of cool. After all celebrities are often ambassadors for the latest trends in beauty.

I've just had a thought, someone I would *love* to see speak at Pro Beauty is both a professional therapist and an amazing inspiration ... Katie Piper. I would love to hear her speak about the importance of beauty and what we do and how we can help people through our work.

Made a comment on the Pro Beauty Facebook page ... but will also email them the suggestion.

Katie piper is the sort of celebrity I wouldn't mind meeting! I "bumped" into Katie price, well I say bumped it was more like her handlers told us to make way for her and I told them to sod off! I'm looking at products for my business I'm not moving for anyone! He didn't like it! Her camera man hit my colleague in the head with his camera as he turned frantically trying to video the screeching students!! I stood my ground in the middle of all the chaos and bought my stuff!!! Was a little satisfying!! Getting out of the crowd when we had had enough was a nightmare though!!!

I've just had a thought, someone I would *love* to see speak at Pro Beauty is both a professional therapist and an amazing inspiration ... Katie Piper. I would love to hear her speak about the importance of beauty and what we do and how we can help people through our work.

Made a comment on the Pro Beauty Facebook page ... but will also email them the suggestion.

What a fantastic idea. I have read Katies book, a truely inspirational woman x

Latest posts

Back