Certificate delays-endless issues with course!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Anabelle12.

You have done a full course and you KNOW how to do a manicure, so find any accredited, insurable 1-day course, probably between £100 and £150 (?) and just get a certificate and start earning. You've surely lost more than this in all the time you've been waiting for your certificate.

Then yes, work at getting a refund from the college!

Do yo mean oct 2012 as were only in september x lol x

Ye i would hound them too or they will just leave it until its convenient for them xx

Haha yes I was so angry thinking oct 2013 is coming up now and I've still seen diddlysquat from my course. Apologies for the typo.

x

xProjectPrettyx

A whole month later, 3 complaint emails later, 3 responses later and TODAY, I receive a letter outlining clearly the courses I did the correct start and finish date, the modules I completed successfully and that I am awaiting my official certificates from city and guilds! FINALLY! headache almost over... No news on when the certs are coming though. Also, my mum picked up my folders from college last week as I was at work when she received the call at home. unfortunately I've had 2 girls from the college, who I made friends with during the course, tell me that the college have lost their folders and they're really stressed because of the hard work and dedication they put into that course while working, maintaining a house, providing for their children and being partners to their fellas! not on. Won't be studying there again!

xProjectPrettyx

I'm so sorry you've had all these problems.
Colleges are businesses and when you feel it's at an end you should formally request a refund of your fees, either all or some, to cover your losses. I've been advised of this by a lecturer that I trust.
You can check the units/ credits you need to get your qualification in the course book - VTCT etc or online. Colleges can design courses to enable a number of credits to be achieved which is all you need to get the certificate. Bad I know, as what you need is proper instruction and not just papers!
Hope it's sorted soon x

I'm so sorry you've had all these problems.
Colleges are businesses and when you feel it's at an end you should formally request a refund of your fees, either all or some, to cover your losses. I've been advised of this by a lecturer that I trust.
You can check the units/ credits you need to get your qualification in the course book - VTCT etc or online. Colleges can design courses to enable a number of credits to be achieved which is all you need to get the certificate. Bad I know, as what you need is proper instruction and not just papers!
Hope it's sorted soon x

It really does feel like a waste sometimes but I'm hoping to reap the rewards of my hard work. I've asked the other girls if they've made a formal complaint only one other has written a formal complaint so her stuff is also being dealt with I think but I've no idea about the others.

I'm wondering will this letter confirming the dates I started and completed the course and the outlining exactly what modules I did on each course, will it get me a membership with S2 and other companies to buy professional products from?

thanks for any info in advance x

xProjectPrettyx

What a mess! But it sounds like you are on the road to getting your certificates. It sounds to me like the college had a sanction put on it by the EV. This happens when an EV finds a colleges procedures or record keeping lacking, and it means that certificates cannot be claimed until the issues have been resolved. Reading between the lines of what they told you I think this is a likely explanation. I hope you get your certificates soon !

What a mess! But it sounds like you are on the road to getting your certificates. It sounds to me like the college had a sanction put on it by the EV. This happens when an EV finds a colleges procedures or record keeping lacking, and it means that certificates cannot be claimed until the issues have been resolved. Reading between the lines of what they told you I think this is a likely explanation. I hope you get your certificates soon !

They should have gotten all of this sorted before changing the course. It put around 20 of us in a mess. Very unfair on genuine students who want to gain more skills and qualifications to back them up. Ridiculous. The letter does confirm that the certificates have been claimed for so it's just a waiting game now. they need to hurry the heck up.

xProjectPrettyx

HOOOOORRRAAAAAAY

I finally got my certificates!!!!!!

I think I need to sit down in shock... Some body get me a glass of water! haha

xProjectPrettyx

Latest posts

Back